Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alfred0208 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 06:19 PM
    Work in NYC, Live in NJ with 1 dependent. IT-2104 Question
    I work in NYC fulltime (only job) and live in NJ. My mother is a US citizen but has no jobs, therefore I'm claiming her as my dependent. What should I put in line 1 and 2?

Thanks.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Claim TWO on Line #1 and ZERO on Line #2 of Form IT-2104.
    alfred0208 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the quick response.

I forgot to mention that I am also head of household in New Jersey. Should that be "3" in line #1 then?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 07:30 PM
    You could if you wish

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work in NYC live in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

I worked in NYC for part of the year and live in NJ. My NYC employer withheld NJ state tax for me instead of NY state tax. How do I file my state tax return?

If I live in GA but work for a NYC company, do I pay NYC taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My home address is GA so will my income tax reflect payments to NY State or City for this employment? Peter

Live in NJ, work in NYC--w-4 [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently moved to NJ and want to update my w-4 so I am not paying those horrible NY taxes. I understand I still will have to pay NY state, but not the city. Do I update my NY w-4 (certifying I do not live in NYS, NYC, Yonkers) and that's it? Or do I need to fill out a NJ w-4? How about...

Better to work in NYC if I live in NYC? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, I live in Queens, NY, and my office is in NJ. When I do my taxes I have to do NY and NJ because of this. I have been offered to transfer to a NYC based office in Manhattan. I already work out of that office but I am not officially assigned there. I am told it might be beneficial...

Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi [ 1 Answers ]

For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is,...

View more questions Search