Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CUTE CHICK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
    How do I overcome the fellings that I have for my ex-boyfriend
    I was in a relationship for almost 2 to 3years in 2007 until 2010 when I found out that my boyfriend was cheating on me, so I broke up with him in 2010 then I met some one els,I feel so guilty on my current parter because he doesn't know that I am still in love with my ex, how do I overcome this feelings because its been so long since our breakup??
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 04:03 AM
    The breakup may have been 2+ years ago, but, are you still in touch with him? Is he on your Facebook, or have you emailed him or texted him?

If there has been absolutely no contact, then how do you know you are still in love with him, or that he is (maybe) available to go back to?

You could be, if that's not the case, in love with the good part, of what was. Perhaps your new man doesn't have the same sense of humour, or maybe he's not as adventurous or something.

The death of a relationship is like the death of anything. Eventually, the bad parts fade (ie reasons for the breakup in your case), and good memories come to the surface.

You may love the ideal of who you thought your ex was, or was going to be, or the idea that the love you felt for him seems like a once in a lifetime experience, but loving someone in an active sense, who has been a part of your past for two years, makes me wonder- why.

That the past relationship is very much alive in your current relationship, is not very healthy, or fair to the 'new' man.

I'm not sure why you would choose to allow yourself not to get past the old relationship, because to stay in the past and keep your ex boyfriend in the present, really holds you at arm's length from any meaningful relationship.

What was it about him, or what is it about him if you are still in touch with him, that you think, overshadows the relationship you have now.
    Nikki7347 Posts: 54, Reputation: 0

Jun 25, 2012, 01:48 PM
    You can still talk to your ex. If you are not over your ex then you will have to get a boyfriend that is so amazing and you are so deeply in love with that you will forget about the ex. I know how you feel, for a while I still liked my ex when I was dating another guy. My ex hated me, he put me through hell the entire school year. You will just have to realize that is over, everyone has moved on. You have a boyfriend who you love, you are happy, that is all that matters, forget about your ex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I overcome self harming [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is louise and I am a self harmer, I have self harmed over a period of 9yrs and it has now become more of an adiction than actually hurting myself, I started when I was 14 and this was becoz I had so much s**t in my life that I wanted to die, I currently have a new life, and trying to...

How do you overcome shyness? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, so how does everyone get over their shyness? I'm 26 and first meetings with someone are hell for me. I get so nervous it's like the cat has my tongue. It'll last the whole time too, I just freeze up. Usually about the 3rd meeting things will ease up, but seriously now that is too long. Does...

How to overcome jealousy [ 8 Answers ]

Hi My husband of 27 years continues to remember and remind me of his ex wife's birthday every year, although he will constantly forget mine. I have tried to tell him that it hurts me and makes me feel of little value but each year it is the same .I am tired of feeling resentful and hurt how do I...

How Can I overcome this? [ 4 Answers ]

All the time I try to date a girl, it normally failed. Who can help me out there with advice on how to overcome this problem and be the best in this way.

How to overcome this? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to improve my overall personality. Sometimes I feel very depressed. I am not able to take decisions with the fear they'll go wrong. This is why I've bcome somewhat dependent on others. I do not have much confidence in myself. I feel inferiority complex. I care about others but am not able 2...

View more questions Search