Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluessky Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 10:12 PM
    John Deere 14sb Clutch
    Hi,

I have John Deere 14 SB from the 1980's.
    I recently removed part of the clutch and found the spring inside is bent.
    I wanted to find a diagram to see exactly how the clutch goes back together, I searched on a John Deere site and the spring I am speaking of is not shown.
    The local John Deere parts center also didn't know about the spring I was speaking of (it goes between the blade and a few discs.)
    Now I'm not certain if the spring goes in front or back of these two discs,either the spring or these two discs go right up against a square looking mount on the bottom of the mower.
    If anyone has taken their 14sb clutch apart and can help, please let me know.
    In the meantime I'll try to put it back together .
    This mower had been sitting for the last several years,and upon putting gas in it, started on the second pull!

Thanks very much
    bluessky Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
    I fixed the bent spring, and put the clutch back on... but now it seems the clutch is sticking...
    I start the engine up and the mower sort of shakes/vibrates.
    So maybe this is evidence the clutch is too tight?
    Everything seems normal when I engage the blade control.
    But when I turn off the blade control, it doesn't work... it kills the motor.
    The only way right now I can restart the engine is to first turn the motor shaft a few times by the blade, this seems to unstick the clutch and I can pull the start cord.
    If anyone has a knowledge of how 14sb clutch with spring and two metal discs goes on, or a diagram, please send a note.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere 14sb 21" clutch question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have John Deere 14 SB from the 1980's. I recently removed part of the clutch and found the spring inside is bent. I wanted to find a diagram to see exactly how the clutch goes back together, I searched on a John Deere site and the spring I am speaking of is not shown. The local John...

How do I change the john deere 14sb drive belt [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change the drive belt on my john deere 14sb mower?

Remove blade clutch 14sb john deere [ 2 Answers ]

John Deere 14SB Mower I am trying to remove the Blade clutch. I have removed the first half of it but there is what looks like a big washer holding the rest of it onto the shaft. How do I remove this? Nathan

John deere 14SB belt replacement [ 3 Answers ]

The drive belt on my jd 14sb mower broke and from what I've read in other threads, it seems I need to pull the engine to replace belt. If so, any (or all) "how to" help and pitfalls to look out for would be appreciated. Thanks

Drive belt on a John Deere lawnmower 14SB [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to change the drive belt for this lawnmower? It would be greratly apprciated.

View more questions Search