Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ibrahim1234 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Hello Ibraham
    I have looked at your calculations and while on the face of it some ratios are positive I don't agree with your upbeat assessment of this company. When calculating ratios on sales you must exclude other revenue items to get a proper picture and there is a trading loss
    I will attach a file so you can see what I think about the specific questions
    Hello my brother ,
    I am thanks to you, my langueg not so good there is so many worlds I want tell you from my believe haert really thanks .now I understand the life still good not bad ,because still there is real respect in human beings for other, I see your instinct,which the loard has not changed still as it is ,any way I am really thanks not just to solve the question for other thing also .
    About my calculation ratio you means I shuld calculat againe there is some wrong on my calculation ,soory I made you stress and I catched your time ,so soory
    Now on your openuon I shuld calculat the ratio again
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2012, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim1234 View Post
    Hello my brother ,
    i am thanks to you, my langueg not so good there is so many worlds i want tell you from my belive haert really thanks .now i understand the life still good not bad ,becouse still ther is real respect in human beings for other, i see your instinct,which the loard has not changed still as itis ,any way i am really thanks not just to solve the question for other thing also .
    about my calculation ratio you means i shuld calculat againe there is some wrong on my calculation ,soory i made you stress and i catched your time ,so soory
    now on your openuon i shuld calculat the ratio again
    trying to understand your writing and your comments a number of times you used raw data rather than looking behind the figures Your assessment that because net profit as a percentage of sales has increased this is good while in fact if you remove the other income you will see there is a trading loss which is not good and there has been a decline since 2010. In the same way you will see I have adjusted the current ratio and the liquidity ratio because there has been a misstatement of a current liability. The notes to the accounts are there so you can see what might not be obvious such as the company has a short term liquidity problem

I said to you you should calculate EVA this is not easy to do but it would show you that the decisions of management had destroyed value in 2011

Jun 26, 2012, 12:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    trying to understand your writing and your comments a number of times you used raw data rather than looking behind the figures Your assessment that because net profit as a percentage of sales has increased this is good while in fact if you remove the other income you will see there is a trading loss which is not good and there has been a decline since 2010. In the same way you will see I have adjusted the current ratio and the liquidity ratio because there has been a misstatement of a current liability. the notes to the accounts are there so you can see what might not be obvious such as the company has a short term liquidity problem

i said to you you should calculate EVA this is not easy to do but it would show you that the decisions of management had destroyed value in 2011
    OK, I understand what yo mean

Jun 26, 2012, 09:40 PM
    [QUOTE=ibrahim1234;3168633]OK, I understand what yo mean[/QUO
    D

Dear sir , thanks to you I tray to calculate the EVA,I can't but now I understand the question and I have experience to treat sam like this question ,and I hope on the future if I have problem you can help me thanks again
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2012, 10:37 PM
    [QUOTE=ibrahim1234;3170036]
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim1234 View Post
    ok, i understand what yo mean[/QUO
    D

Dear sir , thanks to you i tray to calculate the EVA,i can't but now i understand the question and i have experience to treat sam like this question ,and i hope on the future if i have problem you can help me thanks again
    EVA makes certain adjustments to the accounts to calculate NOPAT (net operating profit after tax) which is then used in conjunction with a risk adjusted average cost of capital to determine whether the acts of management has resulted in a growth in shareholder value or not. When used as tool to measure performance over time it can guide management in making those decisions which create value.

In the case of this question the cost of debt can be used as a proxy for a risk adjusted cost of capital because you do not know what the risk rate is but moneys loaned to the company would include a risk factor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Answer to Accounting Question? [ 0 Answers ]

Why would a compnay increase their debt load in order to get financing from a bank? This doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't an increase in the debt load reflect negative?

Answer required for accounting question [ 6 Answers ]

TEST PAPER Question:- 1. Mention three Golden Rules of Accountancy. 2. Following expenses are paid during the month of December 2004 by Tendulkar Ltd. i. Telephone 6,000 (for the period of 15/12/2004 to 15/01/2005) ii. Salaries 2,75,000 (for December) iii. Stationery 4,750 (for...

Financial accounting question answer [ 1 Answers ]

Considering that the banker's spread will be 6.5% of the total issue size, and Boyle will have to pay $60,000 out-of-pocket expenses, what is the total issue size necessary to yield $10 million in cash to the company? Use the formula: X-.065X-$60,000=$10,000,000. X is the issue size. Round your...

Answer for accounting question [ 1 Answers ]

invest 75000, annual cost savings 18000. Life on investment 8 years, salvage value 4000 required rate of return 16%. Net present value is?

Accounting And financial Question And Answer [ 1 Answers ]

Question 1-A company operates a process system to produce product X. The following data is available taken from the month of june: KG OMR Material introduced into the process 1000 ...

View more questions Search