Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    new_member_2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 06:33 PM
    What does she really mean?
    Just a quick summary of our relationship. We've been together for 10 months now and it had gotten serious after the 3rd month. Sure, every relationship has it's ups and downs and we did too and we managed to get through them. The last couple months, my girlfriend has been distant with me because of everything else that has happened in her life recently. She is experiencing a death in the family, increased workloads and travel at her job, she has her kids every other week, she just recently found her long lost sister that she's never met. Due to all of that, her time spent with me (we don't live together yet) has become minimal and at times we feel like strangers again.

Last week, we talked and she feels she has no balance in her life with the all of the sudden external pressures and she wishes that I wasn't the sacrifice because of it. We both love each other and there is no doubt there. She requested she needs some time and space to regain balance in her life, I didn't have much of a choice but to accept and hope that she will still want me in her life.

Is my relationship doomed? I know she's been going through a lot of stress with all that is going on in her life but shouldn't I still be part of it and be supportive when she needs me? I feel that I am the victim of being sacrificed, cast aside dangling on a fish line while she tries to figure out what she wants and if I am part of that, will she reel my line back in? And if not, she will then severe that line and set me free.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on? Is there her 'nice' way of deciding to end our relationship or does she 'really' need time and space to sort out all of her recent issues without me in her life, and when she's ready, she will want me back in her life?
    Choosy Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 07:35 AM
    I am looking at your situation from two different views.One view says that it is natural.Majority of people have to face similar kind of situation,when their love goes through a difficult phase.If you really think that your bonding is strong, and it's merely a tough time that is roaming around,then support her without any hesitation.Don't feel like,that you are making any sacrifice.Keep your self-esteem high all the time>Just consider this situation as,like your any other friend is in trouble and asking for a help.Don't get over involved with her. Let her do all the things at her own.If she asks for a help,then go ahead or else keep your cool and have faith on God.Because sooner or later she will realize your need and importance in her life. The second view indicates that she may want to break this relationship,just because of unhappiness in her life.But again ,I want to mention that loneliness will shake her at some time ,as you said she wants regain the balance in her life,which is not possible without you.So she'll be back very soon.Just wait for sometime and try to rediscover yourself in that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search