Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scrubber12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
    What are my rights if someone defaults on a joint mortgage payment
    My husband and I have a joint motgage with another couple for a beautiful apartment in the Algarve.
    One of the party has defaulted on two payments so far and intends to decline future payments.
    If we make the payments on their behalf, will they continue to have full legal rights over their share?
    Are we protected in any way by Portuguese law?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Not sure about Portuguese law, But I suspect you would be able to sue them for not holding up their end of the agreement. You can sue them for the payments they reneged on or for them to sign over their share to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it best to pay off a mortgage or get a tax break on the mortgage interest payment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4.75% mortgage rate. Would it be best just to pay off the loan?

Can a joint tenant on a mortgage allow a man to live with other joint tenants? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and husband have a joint tenancy mortgage/deed with my exhusband. My daughter has made $76,000 worth of mortgage payments while living in the home with her husband and child. Recently she became ill and unemployed. The house was on the market for many months with no offers, and the...

Mortgage payment.Mortgage told me one thing amount and then it was another. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay. I had a mortgage loan modification. Had an agreement with my loan company to make a paymnet of about five thousand dollars.Then I received a letter that instead of the five thousand that covered the months of October and November it was two thousand dollars and one of about two hundred and...

What are my rights if I want to get out of a joint Mortgage? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a joint mortgage with my now ex partner, our house is on the market but I have been living there since he left in May 07, I have now just moved out to start a new life and just wait for the house to sell. My ex and I have been paying half each on the mortgage, however he has just told me...

View more questions Search