Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggschuler11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 01:49 PM
    Trane xe1000 fan connection
    I have a Trane XE1000. I lifted the top off the unit and accidentally disconnected the fan wires from the unit; brown, black and purple. Where do I reconnect these wires to get the fan working.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Jun 24, 2012, 03:26 PM
    That takes some serious work to get all three to pop off.

Brown to run cap

Purp and bk to line voltatge (contactor)
    Or one to contactor and one to defrost board if a heat pump
    One to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xe1000 fuse [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my a/c quit working. Called out a Handy man who told me it was just fuses and he replaced them. 3 weeks later they blow again. I go out to the box to pull the fuses... pull them - and they are different sizes. One is 35Amp and one is 50Amp. Is this normal? I don't know what...

Big Trouble - The fan on my Trane XE1000 stopped spinning - I live in Florida [ 23 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Trane XE 1000 and 2 days ago the fan simply stopped spinning. I also noticed that I have a blinking fan icon on the thermostat in the house. When I turn the unit on (in the house), I can hear the outdoor unit doing something but the fan does not spin. The whole system was...

Big Trouble - The fan on my Trane XE1000 stopped spinning - I live in Fl - part 2 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Trane XE 1000 and 2 days ago the fan simply stopped spinning. I also noticed that I have a blinking fan icon on the thermostat in the house. When I turn the unit on (in the house), I can hear the outdoor unit doing something but the fan does not spin. The whole system was...

Trane XE1000 Fan Knocking at stop [ 1 Answers ]

My 1995/6 Trane XE 1000 5-ton unit's fan knocks when it turns off. It runs fine, but am concerned that something is potentially wrong. I cleaned the unit today and looked at the fan and it didn't seem loose or that the bearings were shot. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Mark San Antonio

Trane XE1000- won't cool, blows, [ 3 Answers ]

Manufactured in 2000, 40 rated fuse outside next to unit, 45 at main power box, won't cool, hear light buzz or hum from external unit, I can replace anything needs replacing on the outside, on a budget, need to know what to trouble shoot, seems fuses are good. :mad:

View more questions Search