Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgbill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 09:49 AM
    What is bubbling sound in my Tappan air conditioner
    My Tappan Heat pump cools great but it started to make a bubblying sound any comments on what causes this.
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Jun 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Can you feel the small copper pipe that feeds the air handler, if a split system?

If so they will burble and vibrate when under a heavy heat load - could be it

Or condensate drain is really running and/or partially plugged and sucking back into the evap by the blower motor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioner Unit Outside Making a Clicking Sound [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and it's really hot already and I noticed last night that my Air Conditioner unit outside is making a weird clicking sound. The fan was turning last night but today it stopped working. It is around 81 degrees in my house right now and I need to know what is going on to fix this...

There is a humming sound coming from my central air conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

A humming sound that happens from time to time as if the motor is stalling . Also a faint burning smell coming from one of the ducts

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

Water Gurgling Sound when AIr Conditioner Runs [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 2-year old heat pump and just today we notice the sound of gurgling water in our basement shower drain when the air conditioner runs. The sound is NOT heard in any of the other drains in the house. What could be causing this sound?

Air conditioner knocking sound when OFF [ 3 Answers ]

We have a new home with a split 13 SEER HVAC heatpump system. The lineset is probably 50 feet long. In the cooling mode several minutes after the airhandler stops running, I sometimes hear a knocking sound which seems to come from the lineset which runs down inside an interior wall from the attic...

View more questions Search