Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 05:21 PM
    96 Chevy truck water in oil pan
    I have a 96 Chevy PU Truck with a 5L engine. Water is getting into the oil pan. I have pulled all the spark plugs and none of them show any signs of water. Where else could it be coming from?
    jlovesdustin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zile
    I have a 96 Chevy PU Truck with a 5L engine. Water is getting into the oil pan. I have pulled all the spark plugs and none of them show any signs of water. Where else could it be coming from?
    The piston liners on one of the cylinders is leaking better of buying new engine or pull motor and have it resleeved
    giantkiller28 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 07:21 PM
    New engine or head gasqet.
    swalther Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 08:00 PM
    If you have water in your oil and it doesn't smoke then it's probably a simple intake gasket... or a cracked block.. if it smokes then your in trouble... I drove a car with water in the oil for thousands of miles and still runs great... I just change the oil every 800 miles...
    Bullistic1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Does this truck have an engine oil cooler?
    How much water? Water or Antifreeze?
    Do you have any oil in your radiator?
    Have you drained the oil pan and seen the oil?
    korn6958 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zile
    Intake
    swalther Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Could be a gasket or cracked block

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 chevy truck, no start [ 2 Answers ]

1994 chevy pick up, 2wheel drive, 1500 series. 5.7L motor. Have spark, but no injector pulse with noid light. No 12 second fuel pump run. I have checked all the firewall fuseable links. It has new computer, new module. I checked all fuse box fuses. I have power at injector but no ground. I...

1992 chevy 1500 truck [ 3 Answers ]

My truck was dying when I was idle. Then it just died while I was moving and refused to start. I have no spark it won't catch. I tried a new starter, but that did not help. So,. It's been suggested that it may be something to do with not getting any fuel. Please help.

Chevy S-10 truck 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a chevy S-10 2.2 motor size recently it overheated and I got water in the spark plugs but no water in the oil I tried using the block sealer k&w and bars leaks block sealer and head gasket sealer but my truck just turns over and won't turn on will these products only work if the truck turns...

Chevy truck tail lights [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 88 chevy full size truck. I am having electrical difficulties. When I brake, the light display for my heater dims. When I turn on my headlights, my tailights don't come on, and the turnsignals will come on and stay lit when I turn the signal. There are four wires going to the tail...

96 chevy truck [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 96 chevy pichup with a vortec 305 and it staled on me yesterday. Well the pump is Working and it seems tto have pressure I even changed the fuel filter but it still won't start.

View more questions Search