Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bigjorrel760 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 04:02 AM
    7 million dollars
    I made a fake skype account with the name
    Taylor Lautner and got this…..
    “Hello Lautner,

I have been in search of someone with this name Lautner” and it is my pleasure to seek for your business assistance.I am Mr. A**** G*****, an officer in charge of auditing and account section with a bank here in Ghana.

in 2010, one mr Ste*** who has the same surname as yours and who has your country in his file as his place of origin, made a fixed deposit values at $7,150,000.00 with our bank . Unfortunately, while on a business trip, he died in deadly earthquake that occurred on march 11, 2011 in sendai japan that killed many people. He was in Japan in a business trip and that was how he met his end.

I hereby write in regards to this effects to have you stand as the rightful beneficiary to late Mr Stephen so that the funds will be claimed by you. Contact me in this email address(******@*****.com) send me your email address for easy communication.

regards
    A***** G***** “
    R.I.P mr Stephen. If this is not a scam, and I'm all there's left to give this large amount of money to, then how can I legally attain this money without going to jail for any reason?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 24, 2012, 04:06 AM
    This is a form of 419 or advanced fee scam and well documented on the net.
    If even 1% where true then I would be a multiple BILLIONAIRE with the amount I get!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 24, 2012, 04:07 AM
    It's a scam. I get about 10 of those a week in my email.

Jun 24, 2012, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It's a scam. I get about 10 of those a week in my email.
    I tried googling this guy's name and belongs to a legit bank. I just put "***" in names to censor
    Expert

Jun 24, 2012, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjorrel760 View Post
    I tried googling this guy's name and belongs to a legit bank. I just put "***" in names to censor
    And you used the name of a real person to create your skype account, how do you know this person isn't doing the same by using a real bankers name for his scam.

Jun 24, 2012, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    And you used the name of a real person to create your skype account, how do you know this person isn't doing the same by using a real bankers name for his scam.
    True true, well I emailed him back so I guess we'll see if he replies with all realness.
    Should I ask him to deposit it to my bank or just forget about this all together?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 24, 2012, 04:21 AM
    Seriously don't bother wasting your time as they WILL take you for a ride.
    They are professionals at this form of scam!!

If you want to read how the fight back guys deal with these scammers this is worth a read: 419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!
    Expert

Jun 24, 2012, 04:22 AM
    Should i ask him to deposit it to my bank or just forget about this all together?
    Sure, give him your bank account number then sit back and watch your money disappear.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 24, 2012, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    If you want to read how the fight back guys deal with these scammers this is worth a read: 419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!
    I'm a member of that site... good stuff.

This is a scam. Do not hope to see any "realness" in his replies to you. You came here asking about it, you were told it's a common scam, yet you still try to find "realness" in contact with this guy. Of course you Googled him and came up with a name of a legit bank... so what? Try this for an experiment. On here I go by the name of Odinn7 but in real life, my name is Donald Trump. Google me... you'll see I'm real and I have so much money that it rolls out of my butt.

Yeah, I'm not really Donald Trump obviously but I hope you get the point.

It's a scam, they will soak you for everything they can in fees and such for money that you will never see... and you'll never be able to get it back.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2012, 06:33 AM
    I will point out one other thing. You are a thief. Even if this wasn't a scam (which it is) you said you "made a fake skype account with the name...". Since Mr Lautner is a celebrity your use of his name was illegal. And since your name is not Lautner, and therefore not related to the family, any attempt to collect this money would be a fraud on your part.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 24, 2012, 06:40 AM
    Good point Scott.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2012, 06:55 AM
    It will normally go that you need to send a few thousand dollars to them to get your money, if not, you give them account and routing numbers and they just take your money

Jun 24, 2012, 03:36 PM
    I've forgotten about all of it and will move on with my life. Thanks for the advice and look out everyone (: besides, I'm a minor without a bank account, so he's not getting anything from my non-existent bank account
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
    I've forgotten about all of it and will move on with my life. Thanks for the advice and look out everyone (: besides, I'm a minor without a bank account, so he's not getting anything from my non-existent bank account
    May I suggest you see if your school has an ethics course and that you take it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I make one million dollars in one month [ 23 Answers ]

Please help me I urgently need to make one million dollars in the next month.

1 million dollars [ 6 Answers ]

I have silver coin certificate of 1928, B 23137201 N. the face value is one million. I want to know how much that costs?

Investing 1 Million Dollars [ 3 Answers ]

Everyone I am a 41 YO Male and my mom is 65 YO, we recently won a malpractice Lawsuit worth 3.5 million dollars. The lawyer will take 700K and the Insurance company Will get their money they paid out medically so that is 375K. My questions is this, what Would you do with 1.1 Million dollars...

Investing 1 million dollars? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband is being forced to sell a large piece of property in W. Tx. It should net around 1.5- 2.0 million. With taxes and realestate fee's I'm conservativly giving us in pocket around 1.3. I want to invest 1 million in a VERY secure way, with almost none to no risk. We lost an inheritance...

View more questions Search