Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    varsha123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 01:52 AM
    I love someone. My parents have askd me to marry some one else.
    I love someone. My parents have asked me to marry someone else.
    The problem is, my parents are searching for a guy since 1.5 years. At that point of time, the person whom I love was not ready for commitment to marry me. Now, he has committed me to marry within 2 years. And, at the same time, my parents have already finished searching for a guy. So,
    • Should I marry that person whom my parents have selected?
    • Or I should deny for the marriage and say them that I am not ready for the marriage now, And I'll marry after 2 years
    • Or I should tell them that I love someone else.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 24, 2012, 03:24 AM
    Do your parents know the man you love? Would he be acceptable, do you think, in terms of family background, religion, education, ability to support a family? How willing are you to lose ties to your parents if they disapprove and disown you?
    varsha123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 03:55 AM
    My parents know the guy as a just friend.He is of different caste. Except that, all other aspects are fine(in terms of family background,education,ability). My parents are bit cautious on caste. I have to take decision today, whatever I do.
    Either, I tell them that I will marry after 2 years and after 1.5 years I say that I love someone, as he has asked me the time.
    Or, I tell them that I love some one now itself..
    Or, agree to parents.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 24, 2012, 09:10 AM
    How willing are you to take love over loss of parental approval, maybe even wanting nothing to do with you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you get your parents to love and marry each other again? [ 16 Answers ]

Dear Diary, I need your help. My parents are divorced and it's been a year and a half now. I've been fine, but now I realize I need them back together. I'm just a kid. I'm too young for a broken heart. Is there any way at all to get them back together. I need them to marry again. I need them to...

Is it haram to marry someone without the approval of your parents? [ 7 Answers ]

What if the person is muslim? What if the person is a converted muslim? What if the only reason your parents disagree is because they didn't organize it themselves? What if the only reason your parents disagree is because the person is a muslim of another race?

How can I get my parents to agree to allow me to marry my girlfriend? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi! I'm IMTIAZ and 19 years old, doing engineering. I love a girl very much. I can't live without her, but my parents don't like her and her family. My parents say she is not good looking. What can I do? Please tell me -- otherwise, I will die!

My girl want to marry me, but their parents said no. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am from Hyderabad. Age 21... I love a girl so much.. even she loves me so much. We both are in love with each other for 2 years.. now we want to marry each other.. The main problem is we both are of different casts.. my girls family is typically orthodox.. so, they are not agreeing for our...

M18 want to marry my 1st love/boyfriend .how to tell my parents? [ 3 Answers ]

I just turned 18 I never had a real boyfriend cause I was never allowed to see people they disapprove of dating and stuff, m arabian my parent sent me here (u.s) to get into med school and become a doctor they always wanted me to focus on nothing but books and career and forget about living life....

View more questions Search