Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letitbe1111 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jun 23, 2012, 03:54 PM
    'The Talk' Dun dun daaaaahhhhhh!!
    After many dating experiences- some bad, and some just not right, I have fallen hopelessly in love with this guy. He is ridiculously nice, funny and smart. I am a little nervous, however, that I care for him more. In a perfect world, he would call me or text or email once a day, but it's really around 3x a week. We go on dates, he's introduced me to his friends, coworkers and dad. I am a little nervous because I really already know I love him and he's not saying anything that indicates I'm as special to him as he is to me.

I guess my question is, how long do I wait? I'm old in the dating world- 38 and he's a bit younger, but I actually appear younger than him. I really want a family and I think it freaks him out. I don't talk about it much, but he asked me if this was a goal of mine and I said yes.

I had a talk with him the other night and basically sort of asked the 'how do you feel about me question'. I was really nice about it and so was he, but he didn't really give me a great response and I think I scared the tar out of him. But I'm glad I said something, because I really am confused. He hasn't contacted me all day and now I'm freaking out even though the last thing he said to me was that he didn't want me to worry.

BUT I'm worried. He's really special to me. Advice on what I should or shouldn't do would be helpful. I know it's only been 3 months, so let me have it if I'm coming on too strong...

Thanks!
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
    If he said "don't worry" then try not to worry.
    Every one has their own speed when it comes to relationships, his evidently is slower than yours. Let it unfold naturally and give him time.
    If he feels rushed into something he is not ready for he will turn and run.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 06:46 PM
    How much younger is he? He may not be ready for the serious, baby thing, and I would imagine your clock is ticking.
    Three months is a short period in the dating world.
    A little soon to be talking babies and future. You are just getting to know each other.
    I say back off, slow down and give him time. I know you think he is the one, but he may not be thinking you are.
    letitbe1111 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jun 23, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    How much younger is he? He may not be ready for the serious, baby thing, and I would imagine your clock is ticking.
    Three months is a short period of time in the dating world.
    A little soon to be talking babies and future. You are just getting to know each other.
    I say back off, slow down and give him time. I know you think he is the one, but he may not be thinking you are.
    He's 34... I think that's what I'm scared of- that he isn't thinking it. I don't talk about it much, but he brought it up.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
    He may have brought it up because of your age . For only dating 3 months only talking 3 times a week is not a lot. He may not be as serious as you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hello, I would like the name Duncan in Sanskrit for a tattoo Pronunciation: DUN cun [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I would like the name Duncan in Sanskrit for a tattoo Pronunciation: DUN cun Thank you

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

When I talk my lips become sticky and dry .I feel embrass to talk so I [ 1 Answers ]

When I start to talk my lips become dry and sticky,and it gets embrass I need help with this promble,I've tried drinking water,chewing gun ,used mouth spray .

View more questions Search