Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donald Randall Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 01:16 PM
    The host
    The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    Subject 'Check out this video from MSN!', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Don't advise me to contact my internet server because every server on the internet is able to contact my hotmail account but the outlook express/windows mail has not been able to send a message to my hotmail account since I have owned this vista computer. I also have a desktop with XP and this email account is the only one that is unable to connect with hotmail. I have a printer which I have never been able to scan to email because it will only commnicate with windows/outlook and if I scan it to the windows account I am unable to send it to hotmail. I have never had a correct answer to correct this problem so I am open to any logical suggestions other than "contact your server".
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 23, 2012, 01:18 PM
    Check your outgoing mail settings.

Jun 23, 2012, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Check your outgoing mail settings.
    By now you probably know that I am not an internet GURU so I think you are saying that I should check the outgoing mail settings on the MS/Outlook account however you didn't mention what they should be. I do not remember having set them in the first place so I don't understand how they could be wrong because I would assume that MS/Outlook which obviously knows more about this stuff than I do would most certainly have set them correctly in the first place. If you would let me know what they should I will probably be able to figure out how to change them if MS set them wrong to begin with. Thank you for your help.
    BossMan

Jun 23, 2012, 01:39 PM
    In all honesty it might be simpler to switch to Windows Live Mail as it seamlessly integrates with Hotmail and it's a freebie download.

It's part of the Live essentials suite of programs available here: Windows Live Essentials: Other Programs

The settings for clients to access hotmail change infrequently and cause untold issues..

Jun 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
    In all honesty it might be simpler to switch to Windows Live Mail as it seamlessly integrates with Hotmail and it's a freebie download.

It's part of the Live essentials suite of programs available here: Windows Live Essentials: Other Programs

The settings for clients to access hotmail change infrequently and cause untold issues..
    I already have a windows live email account and can probably send emails anywhere in the world but not to my own hotmail account. Something is definitely not correct because my Lexmart will not connect with Hotmail and if they interconnect how come I cannot send from Microsoft to hotmail and cannot connect from my Lexmart to Hotmail. I understand that there has to be a core problem somewhere but do not want to lose my Hotmail account by playing around when I don't know what could happen.
    BossMan

Jun 23, 2012, 02:35 PM
    Sorry but I think you are very confused here.
    It would be pretty pointless really to send e-mail from your hotmail to your own hotmail account.
    Also as Lexmark is a brand of printer you can't connect it to your e-mail account anyway. I can only surmise you mean you are unable to PRINT from the Live mail application.
    Finally Microsoft and hotmail are the same company, so even more confusion.
    MS make a lot of PC software and Hotmail is a web based e-mail service..

I think it might be worth while starting over and explain what exactly the problem is..
    Some screen shots might help as well..

Jun 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Sorry but I think you are very confused here.
    It would be pretty pointless really to send e-mail from your hotmail to your own hotmail account.
    Also as Lexmark is a brand of printer you can't connect it to your e-mail account anyway. I can only surmise you mean you are unable to PRINT from the Live mail application.
    Finally Microsoft and hotmail are the same company, so even more confusion.
    MS make alot of PC software and Hotmail is a web based e-mail service..

I think it might be worth while starting over and explain what exactly the problem is..
    Some screen shots might help as well..
    OK to begin with I wanted to scan from Lexmart to email which was Hotmail but I was only offered Outlook express so when I sent the scan to Outlook (which was not my email account at that time) I went to the outlook account with the intent of sending the scanned item to Hotmail. Every time I tried to do this I received the following:

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    Subject 'Check out this video from MSN!', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    ... so I could not send the info to hotmail and had to open in Outlook, copy to a file, open hotmail and attach the file which had the scanned item I tried to originally scan to my hotmail account. Any time I try to send email from Outlook/MS to Hotmail I get the above message. At one time I had 3 or 4 other email accounts and all could send back and forth with Hotmail but something must be set wrong somewhere if I cannot send an email from MS outlook to hotmail.. My desire here has always been to use Hotmail as my main account and all other servers on the net can contact Hotmail but MS Outlook cannot. This is simply not logical. If I have to start using MS outlook I can do that as much of a pain as the change will be however if using that will mean I can no longer use Hotmail then that's no sale. Basically any scanned items from my Lexmart have to go to MS/out but if it is unable to connect with Hotmail I think you can understand my reluctance to go to MS outlook if it doesn't work properly to begin with.
    BossMan

Jun 24, 2012, 12:11 AM
    OK that makes much more sense now.

Simplest approach would be to scan the document to your desktop and then attach it in Live mail as per normal.

As Live Mail is newer than the Lexmark drivers it is not recognised and therefore not offered as a scan to mail option.

Several years back Hotmail and MSN stopped being available to third party clients, including Outlook, unless you paid a fee, BUT live mail connects freely to the hotmail servers without any configuration issues..

Jun 24, 2012, 10:53 AM
    OK that makes much more sense now.

Simplest approach would be to scan the document to your desktop and then attach it in Live mail as per normal.

As Live Mail is newer than the Lexmark drivers it is not recognised and therefore not offered as a scan to mail option.

Several years back Hotmail and MSN stopped being available to third party clients, including Outlook, unless you paid a fee, BUT live mail connects freely to the hotmail servers without any configuration issues..
    OK, thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I host in warcraft 3 [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to host in warcraft 3 but nobody can come to my game do anyone knows how can I host?:rolleyes:

What is 'Host Pop 3? [ 2 Answers ]

I repeatedfly get message that 'Host POP 3 cannot be fouind'. What and why is this ?

How can I host in warcraft 3 [ 1 Answers ]

How can I host in warcaft 3 can anyone help me pleaze?

To host or not to host out of town guests? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it considered rude to suggest family members to stay at a hotel when they come to your state for a visit? My husband and I live near a "tourist-y" city. We both work full time jobs with long hours. His brother mentioned he would like to visit soon when their boys get a bit older. I...

View more questions Search