Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Mangrum View Post
    see post 35---did you read aii of thread?
    Yes. The link doesn't work. Try this one:

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/parvo-parvovirus-dogs
    Frank Mangrum Posts: 86, Reputation: -3

Jun 25, 2012, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Do you know what makes me very sad, and I see this all the time?

LadySam has experience (lots of experience!) with dogs, gave you good, lengthy responses and advice, took the time to explain things ... and you thank someone else and completely forget about all she's done.

Sometimes I think the advice is more about hand holding and making people feel good or at least better - and that's sad.
    Pup is still sick--- Other thank you's many come later be patient----- Right now I am very concerned with sick pup myself and not THANK YOU'S.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Frank. I'm not going to be as nice as the other people on this thread.

Your concern for this dog is kind and caring, but your advice has been anything but helpful.

You said that you called your vet to ask about this particular thread. There is not one vet on this planet that can give an accurate diagnosis without seeing the dog and running tests, especially when parvo is concerned. Parvo cannot be diagnosed without physically seeing the dog, blood tests, etc. Also, the list of symptoms for parvo are possible symptoms, not "if the dog doesn't have all these symptoms you're okay".

On this site we give accurate info. We also sympathize with the people caring for their pets, but we do not diagnose, we do not give misinformation, and we do not pretend that a vet gave a diagnosis over the phone based on information written on the internet. No vet would even attempt to do that. They may give advice, and suggestions, but never ever ever EVER a diagnosis.

As for links. They're all well and good, if you yourself know what you're talking about, and have read the link and find the information to be accurate. I post links about rabbits all the time, because it's easier than writing 10 pages of suggestions to the people that ask questions here. But, I've read the links I post, and I know that the information on those sites are accurate. The majority of the information posted on the net isn't accurate. It's written by people like you, that think they know something when they very obviously don't have a clue.

Lady Sam is the most qualified person that's posted on this thread. As far as I'm concerned, her word far surpasses your vet. If your vet wants to diagnose this animal over the internet, he/she should feel free to come to this site. I doubt your vet would put his veterinary license at risk like that.

If you love dogs and want to offer words of encouragement to the people posting here, that's always welcome. But, if you post advice, you must be accurate. We will not tolerate inaccurate information on this site, especially when that information could cause death.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2012, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Mangrum View Post

Frank, I'm done - every time you post nonsense, get caught posting nonsense, you go back and type... or,, in place of your original post. This would indicate to me that you are not stupid.

And, by the way, when you remove a post it's smart to see if anyone has referenced it. I am learning to copy your post when I answer you or respond - you might want to take a look at that.

The instant I looked at this thread I realized that at least one of your answers has been deleted - same as the legal threads.

As far as the size of the dog - "large" in my eyes may not be the same as "large" in your eyes. What do you consider "large" to be?

You were a problem on the legal boards; I believe you're now a problem on the dog boards. All else aside AMHD is NOT a chat board. You seem to think that it is.

I am fascinated that you are going to call "your Vet," repeat what's been posted here, get a diagnosis over the phone... and post it.

And the high fever as part of Parvo - that's ANOTHER post you've deleted and replaced with...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 04:00 PM
    Oops! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JudyKayTee again.

Story of my life. ;)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Here, I'll answer for Alty: "Normally symtoms of first stages of parvovirus is high elevated body temperatures followed by diarrhea,vomiting and not eating --dog just wants to lie around and not be active any if at all. Advanced stages of parvo is very deadly---I don't think we are near that stage. Since your pup is not experienceing high fever I am some what optimistic this may not be parvovirus."

How does your optimism and what you think help anyone?
    Frank Mangrum Posts: 86, Reputation: -3

Jun 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Here, I'll answer for Alty: "Normally symtoms of first stages of parvovirus is high elevated body temperatures followed by diarrhea,vomiting and not eating --dog just wants to lie around and not be active any if at all. Advanced stages of parvo is very deadly---I don't think we are near that stage. Since your pup is not experienceing high fever I am some what optimistic this may not be parvovirus."

How does your optimism help anyone?
    I am very much optimistic.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2012, 04:08 PM
    Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Possible Pregnancy? Any advice/helpful words/encouragement? [ 4 Answers ]

All right. Hello, my name is Arra and I think I might be pregnant obviously. My period ended on 5/25/2011. About a week and a half later I experienced a change in my vaginal discharge. There was more of it and it was sort of mucus like. Slimy and thin like snot. Gross I know. I believe that that...

I am four teen and gay and need some helpful advice [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and gay I'm not out although 2 of my close friends know. I am very nervous of telling my parents because I don't get on with my dad. I want to tell my friends but it's really hard to because I don't want everyone at school finding out, I feel that it is right to tell my parents...

Cat sick but vet hasn't been helpful [ 8 Answers ]

My cat was not eating for a four days after vomiting clear slavia or a bile looking substance I took him to the vet four days in a row following to get hydrated and for some appetite pills. X rays were taken each time and nothing was found but gas. The cat then slowly came around and started...

Simple Question -any advice will be helpful [ 15 Answers ]

I was divorced last year. We have two children and I am still struggling. I was the first signer on my ex-husbands truck, he was the "co-buyer." In our decree he was declared responsible for the truck payment since I have the house and all other debt - which I pay regularly, but not easily. My...

View more questions Search