Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redbird2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 05:04 AM
    Hand crank sewing machine, pearl inlay, gold trim, wood base, curved wood cover
    Can anyone tell me more about this machine, i.e. who made it and when?

There are no ID markings on it except a number 173008 on the base.

I think the tension is via spring action.

The pearl inlay are 3 roses in middle of metal base along with 3 leaves; there is also a scattering of shell pieces all around the edge of the rectangular metal base.

The top of the machine has 2 metal thread holders on the main body and 3 metal tension(?) bars on the top of the head; all are vertical.

There is a maze type gold pattern/trim outlining the metal bodies.

It has 2 holes in the wooden base where one could presumably bolt it onto a fixed spot, plus it also has a rectangular hidden (hollowed out) spot in the base (bottom right under wheel) to hold accessories.

The bent wood cover locks with a key.has a metal (brass?) carrying handle.

Check out some similar questions!

Moisture barrier between wood trim and concrete wall? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I are wanting to put rough-sawn western cedar trim on the outside of our garage. What can we use as a moisture barrier between the wood and the concrete wall? Would the waterproofing sealer paint work if it was between the wood and the wall? Or would it be best to use the 6 mil...

How wide should inside window wood trim be? [ 6 Answers ]

Currently my inside windows do not have wood trim around them. Do you have a picture of an inside window trimmed with wood? Thanks.

Wood Register Cover [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been looking everywhere for a wood floor register cover that directs the air in only one direction. I have a cabinet that sits over top of one side and I don't want to heat/cool the underside of the cabinet! Any suggestions? The only thing I have found so far is the double...

Wood Trim manufacturing and Carbon Fiber [ 4 Answers ]

I have a jaguar S-type 2005. The gear shift knob handle on it is made from real/authentic Honey Burl wood (which matches the rest of the car's interior). Anyway, I was wondering how to manufacture a piece like this (like a 3D solid piece, NOT a flat type piece). I have researched that the...

Ugly wood trim [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently bought a 1980's ranch style house. All the trim, moldings and doors are stained. I NEED to paint it all white as I cannot take the darkness anymore :) Do I need to sand, prime, and paint, or will a good oil based paint work fine? (There is A LOT of painting to do)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.