Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fer18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 02:52 PM
    I want to be a sismology
    Hello.. well I want to be a seismology but I don't really have clear what subject I should study in order to be a seismology, I add that I know that seismology is the branch of geology... please answers, I NEED THEM

shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
    I think you mean you want to be a seismologist. Sorry for pointing that out, but if that is what you want to become, you need to be correct. Seismology is a branch of study in the field of Geophysics.

You can expect to take courses in Geosciences, Ocean Science, Computers, Earth Science, Instrument Technique, Hydrogeology, Remote Sensing, GIS, GPS, Sedimentology, Structural Geology, Mineral Resources, and Seismology. Plus your field internsships, thesis, and dissertation.
    cauchy Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Most important thing, take lots of math and physics (ie, calculus I II III, physics I II III, diferantial equations, acoustic theory etc). Too much is not enough. Also, you need a lot of computer programing, java, C++ and Unix as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to go down under :) [ 1 Answers ]

Not just a sexual inuendo; I really want to go to Australia I just wanted to know if anyone has any info on expenses or how easy it is to get a job down there. Do I need a working Visa? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Don't want to Let Him Go [ 8 Answers ]

Well, see my boyfriend says he loves me. And he really shows it. But see last night, he was in philly, I guess he has a baby momma there. And he's married, but he's divorcing her. We don't know if the papers came back or not. But anyway, he cheated on me yesterday. He said he was drunk. Then this...

I want to have sex [ 5 Answers ]

Im 18 and a virgin I want to have sex with my boyfriend but I don't want it to hurt is there a way I can break my Hyme ahead of time so it won't hurt when we make love for the first time? And also how do I know if he the right person for me because latly I've been having thought and feeling for a...

Just want to know.. [ 5 Answers ]

What specific part of the computer hardware is responsible for starting up your PC. If its broken, could it be replaced? Or need to replace the motherboard? Sorry, no idea at all. Anybody? I appreciate your info. About this.

View more questions Search