Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cosmo bayview Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 09:23 AM
    Trane XE 800
    My Trane XE 800 is now in the A/C mode and I notice a problem. When the house comes down to the desired temp, the outside (compressor) fan shuts off, but something else continues to run. Does the outside unit have two motors, the fan and the compressor? Do they both have contactors? Where are they located? How is access gained to their location?

Thanks,

Bob
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Jun 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
    One contactor and yes two motors.

Compressor and outdoor fan motor (condenser fan motor)

Make sure you identify what motor is still running. Is the fan motor still turning and the compressor shutting off?

A couple of things can cause this one - just remember to pull power to the unit before opening the case. On one of these I had a hot wire to the condenser fan motor rubbed raw and got a little zap zap..

vid on using the disconnect

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a trane 900 series thermostat to a trane XL13i heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

How to wire a trane 900 series thermostat to a five wire XL13i heat pump system.

Trane XL20i heat pump requires Trane 900 series thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the use of Trane's 900 series thermostat or if a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat can be used.

Trane xe 800 heat pump [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 800 heat pump. The AC cycle works fine but now we have switched over to heat and the AC will not disconnect outside. I have since flipped the breaker on the outside unit and we are runnning the AUX heat until we can figure out why. Please help. Thanks.

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

View more questions Search