Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joemurphy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Dvdrw
    My dvdrw won't read cds or data discs although in knows they are there. Also auto play doesn't work no matter what I set it to. I seems to have happened when I upgraded from vista to win 7.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2012, 05:51 AM
    Did you check to see if your hardware met the Windows 7 specifications? And if they have Win7 drivers?
    joemurphy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 08:27 AM
    Sorry about the delay. No I don't know how to do that. I have had other problems since the upgrade. When I try to upgrade my graphics driver it crashes the PC. I then have to either start in safe mode, or if windows repair fixes it it goes back to the old driver. Any ideas thanks.
    peet caliman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 03:30 PM
    I think you need new drivers. They may not exist, but give it a search. Also auto play is now turned off in Win 7 do to security risks, so that's normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CDRW + DVDRW- Clicks and pops heard when listening to CDs [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I hear clicks and pops behind the music. Sometimes loud sometimes not. I'm using Windows XP Pro, Wind.MediaPlayer 7. This desk computer Dell PC. Updated drivers,still clicking. Cleaned drive with 'Drive Guardian' every day. Still clicking. CDRW is about 4 yrs. Old. New (used) DVDRW was...

How to update driver for dvdrw 2016IM mecer. [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to update driver for dvdrw 2016IM mecer through Welcome to Liveupdate. Now the drive is jammed, it won't open and the green light stays on.:(

How to roll back dvdrw 2016IM driver [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to update my dvdrw 2016IM through internet, now it is jammed and does not work. How do I roll back my driver to get the drive to work thanks:(

"losing" CDRW & DVDRW drives [ 5 Answers ]

It's happened with 2 or 3 machines. I even had a tech come & get them going. I also took it to a sho who got them going. But inevitably, the very next time I try to use them, neither drive works. Err msgs: ' insert a disk, etc' and 'drive not available' and 'drive not accessible' & probably 2 or 3...

View more questions Search