Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harman67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 05:00 AM
    Internet going too slow.help please
    My internet explorer is going very slowly. It sends the "parcels" but only receives 50% of them and sometimes even less. I have contacted my ISP but they say that the connections are fine. This is my desktop which has the problem but another laptop has no problems as I checked both the broadband connection and wireless connections on it... so the problem doesn't appear to be with the modem. Your help would be much appreciated.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 22, 2012, 05:03 AM
    Well it sounds like a problem with this machine.
    When was the last time you did serious maintenance on it ?
    harman67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 06:48 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

We formatted the hardrive about two months ago and since then have defragmented it also. We did a disc clean on the C drive too. I have been trying to get an update for my Realtek Card but finding it difficult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet connection too slow [ 2 Answers ]

My internet connection is extremely slow and I almost always get an error message that the page cannot be displayed. This is using IE 7. When using Mozilla the message is that the site is taking too long or can't be found. Comcast was at my house and did a test on my PC and a mac I never use. ...

Home internet has gone really slow [ 1 Answers ]

I have the standard 2Mb broadband connection with Virgin Media. When I had it installed a year ago, it worked fine, similar to the computers I had been using before in the public library. Then, about six months ago everything changed speed-wise, and I now have to click on everything half a...

New computer, internet VERY slow [ 1 Answers ]

My brother just got a new PC, to replace his very old laptop. Right when he got it, the whole house's internet went very low, it took me about 10 minutes just to register + start this topic. We have 4 laptops and 3 computers connected(usually was 5 laptops 2 computers), and now it's just horrible....

Slow internet Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Italy and until recently I have had a pretty fast internet connection, but now it is very slow especially with some sites. I tested my connection speed and it is fine -- even fast, but when I connect to many sites, it takes a long time while the browser "looks up the site". What...

Slow internet [ 4 Answers ]

When I first got my internet it was so fast and now after just a few months it's so slow it takes like 15 min just to load my home page.Please tell me how I can speed it up or what may be causing it to run so slow. Thank you

View more questions Search