Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hshewale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:36 PM
    what is actually 4 speed blower motor
    what is the difference between variable speed blower motor & 4 speed bloer motor
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 22, 2012, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hshewale View Post
    what is the difference between variable speed blower motor & 4 speed bloer motor
    Variable speed motors ramp the speed up and down depending upon the demand the equipment places on it. They are also very expensive to service and repair when the warranty is up.

The standard 4 speed motor has been around for years. You can taylor the speed to the units demand during setup BUT it will not change speed unless the motor wiring is manually changed. They are far cheaper to service and replace than the variable speed motors.

They talk about the variable speed as being more efficient but if you calculate in the initial cost along with the repair cost I do not believe there is much advantage saving money wise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor speed [ 1 Answers ]

How much does blower wheel size matter

2 peed blower motor to single speed [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my furnace blower motor which was a single speed 1750 rpm GE motor with a 2 speed GE motor. How do I get it to run as a single speed motor at the higher rpm (1140/1750)?

Wiring a 2 speed blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I scavenged a working motor from our old furnace a/c unit and recently installed it (and ductwork) in my basement to draw excess hot air from around our fireplace insert on the main level. Unfortunately the motor only seems to be blowing in the a/c mode which is much too fast even for pulling hot...

Blower motor only runs in low speed [ 1 Answers ]

Im running my air conditioning and my blower motor is only running in low speed. I have a american standard furnace model no. ud080c936j I came home from work and the house was hot so I went to turn on the air but it was already on. So I went down to check the furnace and the blower wasn't...

High Speed Blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?

View more questions Search