Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    popc4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
    My blades just stopped turning while cutting grass. The manual lever is loose and will
    While cutting grass my 17 and 1/2 hp yard machine blades quit turning. The manual lever is loose and will not engage the blades.Does it have A cable that could be broken?
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Jun 25, 2012, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by popc4 View Post
    while cutting grass my 17 and 1/2 hp yard machine blades quit turning. the manual lever is loose and will not engage the blades.Does it have A cable that could be broken?
    If it has the handle that engages the blades on the right fender then it does have a cable.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 08:11 AM
    No cable but there is linkage via rods. Check to see if the belt broke or jumped off the pulley.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blades on riding mower will not work when lever is in operate. [ 4 Answers ]

The lever that spins the blades on poulan riding mower does not operate, why?

Loose bathroom lever handle -how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I recently had installed a Belle Foret(model N130 01) bathroom sink faucet with lever handles. The cold water lever constantly is coming loose(not any issues with the hot water one).I have been popping the cap off the top of the lever and tighting the screw. However I noted that it is only a...

Blades stop turning as soon as I start cutting, but then start again after I back up, [ 1 Answers ]

bolens st160 took blades off2sharpen. When I go2mow it stops after few feet; iback offthe taller grass theblades start turning again, but then I go forward and after a few feet it stops mowing again. The belt clutch loosens the belt but then tightens up again and so on... never had a problem until...

Lawn mower blades just stopped turning. [ 1 Answers ]

I was mowing along just fine and then the blades of my Simplicity 4212 hydrostatic riding lawn mower just stopped turning. Belt is in tact. There is about 4" of extra play in the belt that drives the blades. Can't spot where a pulley would have come off and can't find one laying around. There...

Craftsman riding lawnmower cutting off in middle of cutting grass [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman Riding lawnmower is cutting off in middle of cutting grass and then start it back it will cut for awhile then do again. Does sound like it isn't getting gas. Can some on help.

View more questions Search