Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzibabi702 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
    Modeling
    Is it hard to become a model with tattoos? My measurments are 34,24,34 I'm 5'11 and 17 and messed up real young by getting tattoos on my hips and behind my ear.? I think I messed my chances .can someonne let me know?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 22, 2012, 01:02 AM
    If you have all the other attributes of a model (a LOT more than measurements), then I think the tattoos will be accepted. It isn't an easy business to break into, however, and agencies love to charge a huge fee for pictures and 'connections' that often lead nowhere.
    Find a small shop where you live and ask if you can model for free, perhaps for an ad they want to put in the paper. See where that leads. Being tall is a good start. You may have a tough time getting real work before you are 18 unless your parents will sign for it.

Jun 22, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    If you have all the other attributes of a model (a LOT more than measurements), then I think the tattoos will be accepted. It isn't an easy business to break into, however, and agencies love to charge a huge fee for pictures and 'connections' that often lead nowhere.
    Find a small shop where you live and ask if you can model for free, perhaps for an ad they want to put in the paper. See where that leads. Being tall is a good start. You may have a tough time getting real work before you are 18 unless your parents will sign for it.
    Thank you and yes my dad would sign, and I'm almost 18
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2012, 10:44 AM
    I modeled back in the day - today tats can be covered with body makeup and/or airbrushed.

Have you seen an Agent? Do you have a portfolio? Is your interest runway, print, something else?

My ex-roommate is/was drop dead gorgeous and has a wonderful career in NY (right now, she's moved around) doing voice overs of all things. She hated the runway, she hated photo shoots - she loves voice overs. Of course, you could look like Fido and do voice overs, but that's not the point -

Jun 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I modeled back in the day - today tats can be covered with body makeup and/or airbrushed.

Have you seen an Agent? Do you have a portfolio? Is your interest runway, print, something else?

My ex-roommate is/was drop dead gorgeous and has a wonderful career in NY (right now, she's moved around) doing voice overs of all things. She hated the runway, she hated photo shoots - she loves voice overs. Of course, you could look like Fido and do voice overs, but that's not the point -
    A lot of agents have came up to me but my mom never took me, and I want to do victoria secret modeling but I think I'm to lanky for that so probably runway
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2012, 12:55 PM
    If a lot of agents have come up to you (and if they are legitimate this is highly unusual) I would call one of them.

You are talking about print modeling?

And I'm going to speak very frankly - I had an agent. I worked NY, Toronto. I had a very successful print ad for a liquor company, ran for a long time. My roommate was THE model for Coppertone (when they had the 3 models with their backs to the camera and their heads turned). I knew a lot of people in the business.

If you are using or have a history of using you are NOT going to get hired. No one needs the hassle. That's something you will have to overcome. Models are insured by the agent or by the company - no one is going to take a chance you can do 1 shoot and not be straight for the next one. Kate Moss was NOT addicted when she started so SHE got work.

You might have a far better chance on a local level than at a national level.

It's all about going to bed early, being at shoots at 5AM looking awake, refreshed. It's not getting in and out of limos and waving to crowds.

I would guess for every 10,000 models there's one who can support herself. There are lots of waitress/models, waitress/actresses and the like.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ml#post3129808

Jun 23, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    If a lot of agents have come up to you (and if they are legitimate this is highly unusual) I would call one of them.

You are talking about print modeling?
    Yeah one of the ladys is carie dees agent the one that won americas next top model. And yes I am :)
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzibabi702 View Post
    Yeah one of the ladys is carie dees agent the one that won americas next top model. And yes i am :)

Then that's the person to contact - ask the agency about your chances.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Models esp starting don't pick what they do, and you may be doing commercial ( for clothes company in design areas) or at local malls for store openings and special events, local fashion shows, Next watch out for "agents" and I use that word carefully that are only selling their school or program

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think I could get into modeling? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 17, 5'11" 128 lbs my measurements are 31 25 36.5 and my thighs are 20" Here are a few pictures of me with various hair colors and lengths (I'm naturally blonde) and also a couple swimsuit ones (the pink swimsuit ones are from last summer, I've lost weight since then.) ...

What does it take to get started on modeling? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is lupe I'm really entrusted in modeling for years I am 5"6 weight 115 very petite... I been trying to do modeling for year.. What would it take to get started?

Modeling [ 8 Answers ]

I have gotten an opportunity to model in San Francisco. No money is coming out of my pocket, it is all being paid for and I am also being paid. My question is should I go for it, although I am super nervous about leaving Canada, and going somewhere COMPLETELY different,around a bunch of strangers....

Do I have any modeling potential? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 16 year old male boy, who loves fashion and is most definitely interested in fashion design and becoming a fashion designer. I have also always wanted to model, maybe not so much as a career, but maybe for some experience and possibly some money. I am 5'2" and according to...

View more questions Search