Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saturday Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
    South Park. Funniest Show in America: why don't people like it?
    I'm not sure why most people don't like south park!:eek: sure it might be really stupid put its funny! Who doesn't think making fun of stupid celeberties is funny? Its potty humor and every one likes that! Everyone needs to start liking south park now!:mad:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Not "everyone" enjoys "potty humor". For those that do, more power to them. For those that do not, thank goodness there are other channels.
    Panamaa Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Mar 2, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saturday
    im not sure why most people dont like south park!:eek: sure it might be really stupid put its funny! who doesnt think making fun of stupid celeberties is funny? its potty humor and every one likes that! everyone needs to start liking south park now!:mad:
    Well, maybe its because you have to be totally engrossed in it and understand/speak in mono syllables to understand it. Grown ups ie; responsible adults have things on their mind that interject while they are trying to understand bad computer animated cartoon characters that talk like they have a mouthful of poop... um... you think that might be it??
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Most people have been brainwashed into being politically correct so when a show comes along that isn't, they feel uncomfortable. They feel that by laughing at the truth or a parody of the truth, they will somehow get into trouble. Politically corectness is just a way for deviates to be deviate and have no one allowed to say anything about it, the truth, knowing they will be punished. Yes, it has come to that!
    Personally, I absolutely love South Park and I can't wait for the next outragious one, this Wednesday night! Cartman is COOL!! ;)
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 06:37 AM
    magprob, what has gotten up your skirt? :eek:

The OP was asking a question as to why people don't like the show. Panamaa answered it truthfully, from his/her point of view.

However, I will add that I too, am a big fan of South Park. I LOVE the political commentaries about this world and the irreverant humor of it. Cracks me up. I am not above potty humor when it is combined with some very shrewd observations. Too bad Isaac Hayes quit. I loved the character Chef. It is pretty interesting that he has no problems participating in poking fun at all political and religious beliefs but when it comes to (his own) Scientology, he takes a stand. Not cool at all. Very disappointed in him because I have always been a fan of his and became a bigger fan when he became involved with the show.

saturday, just because we like the program, doesn't mean that we can force someone else to like it and demand they watch it. All I can say is that they have a pretty large and solid fan base because it is still one of the most successful shows on Comedy Central. But, everybody is entitled to their opinion. Let them watch what they want, as long as no one interferes with my right to watch what I want, which includes South Park.;)
    Panamaa Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Mar 6, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Now, You asked why no one might think it was funny. I gave my response. However, I didn't say I hadn't watched it and when I can understand what the heck they are saying I didn't laugh! The fact that it Isn't politically correct is one of the things I DO like about it!
    DPfromm11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Operation Fuzzy Penguin Chode: Get it, Got it, Done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

South Park [ 2 Answers ]

What town in Colorado inspired the fictional town of South Park?

Funniest thing your kid ever said? [ 5 Answers ]

This post was inspired after reading Tal's post "Out of the Mouths of Babes" Kids are natural born comedians and make us laugh everyday. When my oldest was only 4 she walked into her grandpa's bedroom and picked up the glass of water that his dentures were soaking in. After staring at them...

FUNNY VIDEO: Americas Funniest Girls [ 1 Answers ]

http://ahafun.net/index.php?action=showpic&&pic=2 Do you think that all of them are American ? :D

Jungles and wars in south america [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any countries in South America that have a jungle and are currently involved in a war? If so, what are they, and is it a civil war or a war with another country?

Jungles of South America [ 1 Answers ]

Is quicksand found in the Jungle?

View more questions Search