Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hiedio Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:26 AM
    I need it
    Threads merged

I am 10 and I need a bra. My mom doesn't seem to notice but even my friend said I need a bra!

I would ask my mom and tell her about it but she tells everybody everything and I get so embarrassed!! Please help me!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hiedio View Post
    i am 10 and i need a bra.my mom doesnt seem to notice but even my friend said i need a bra!
    i would ask my mom and tell her about it but she tells everybody everything and i get so embarassed!!!please help me!!
    This is part of growing up... TALK to your mom... she's likely waiting for you to ask her. She went though this herself at your age.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
    I see no choice. Tell her you need to talk to her privately and ask her to go with you to buy a bra.

I don't know why this issue is embarrassing to you - trust me, life gets more embarrassing as you get older.

When you get your period, that's yet another discussion.

Jun 21, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    This is part of growing up.....TALK to your mom...she's likely waiting for you to ask her. She went though this herself at your age.
    Thanks
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 02:54 PM
    Every girl goes through this... most of them anyway... trust me, your mom understands how you feel.

Jun 23, 2012, 07:40 AM
    She said no
    I sent my mom an email saying my friend said I need a bra and when I was in bed she came and told me she has been wathching and I don't need a bra.but you can see my boobs through my shirts! and I don't know how to start a coversation about this kind of stuff with her.so...
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2012, 08:03 AM
    You sent her an e-mail? Why didn't you just ask her. If your "boobs" are showing, point that out to her.

On the other hand - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/children/a-673550.html

There's a difference between wanting and needing, padded and unpadded, sports bras and regular wear bras.

You will need to sit down and talk to her about other issues shortly. I don't understand why you e-mailed her. I have stepchildren and we don't email when there's a problem or question or conversation to be had.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 08:15 AM
    What shows is not so much your "boobs," but your nipples that probably are obvious through knit tops. Mention that to her. Or ask her to buy you a chemise-type thing to wear under your tops. OR, layer with a knit t-top underneath your shirt or blouse or another knit top.

Jun 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
    Shave or not shave mom?
    My legs are hairy and I serectly shaved them.I don't think my mom knows and I wish I didn't shave but my legs got hairy... I don't know if I should ask my mom to shave or not?
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hiedio View Post
    my legs are hairy and i serectly shaved them.i dont think my mom knows and i wish i didnt shave but my legs got hairy.....i dont know if i should ask my mom to shave or not?
    You don't have to ask to bath? Or brush your teeth... you don't have to for that either.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2012, 12:11 PM
    I have no idea why you can't talk to your mother - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/children/a-673550.html

No one here can give you permission to shave or tell you what to do.

You're 10 years old. You NEED to discuss some of these topics with your mother. Do you mention getting "permission" because she's already said no?
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Ooooo I didn't know she was 10... I thought she was at least a teen to be asking.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Ooooo I didn't know she was 10.......I thought she was at least a teen to be asking.

Oh, no - this 10-year old is either developing quickly OR wants to be/appear older than she is.

I do understand the mother's position (although I'm not sure the mother has a position) in all of this.

Jun 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
    No I am devolping
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 04:16 PM
    Did someone make fun of your hairy legs?
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Did someone make fun of your hairy legs?

OR, much like the bra question, is "everyone" wearing one, shaving, whatever?

Do we know if this is in the US?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 05:21 PM
    In some cultures women do not shave their legs, and hair on the leg is considered good.
    In others for women it is not, but for children no one cares if they have hair on their legs or not.

If you shaved them, either they did not really need it, or your mom would have noticed.

Oct 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Everyone but ME
    Hi hiedio here and everyone on my crosscountry team wears a bra and everyone in my class does I am the only one who doesn't and I feel left out because of it!please help me !
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2012, 02:07 PM
    Ask your mom to buy you one. You don't have to necessarily need it to have and wear one. If you tell her you're embarrassed not to have it, I can't imagine she'd say no. You'll need it soon enough anyway.

Oct 17, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Ask your mom to buy you one. You don't have to necessarily need it to have and wear one. If you tell her you're embarassed not to have it, I can't imagine she'd say no. You'll need it soon enough anyway.
    Thanks but she is the kind that tells everyone what I do and she probably say I don't NEED one like always

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search