Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2012, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hiedio View Post
    thanks but she is the kind that tells everyone what i do and she probaly say i dont NEED one like always
    If she says no, what other recourse do you have?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2012, 10:50 AM
    Tell her, "Mom, please don't tell anyone that I got a bra. It's really embarassing and it's my personal business." And if she says you don't need one, tell her, "I may not physically need one but socially, I do. I'm singled out and it's very embarassing. This just isn't something I want to be noticed for or talked about for and I don't want to make an issue of it. I just want to get one and be done with it." If she can't understand that, appeal to your father or grandmother or aunt and ask them to take up your cause and support your request.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 5, 2012, 11:01 AM
    thanks but she is the kind that tells everyone what i do and she probaly say i dont NEED one like always
    This makes no sense! Since you seem to know that all the people in your class and on your team wear one (I can understand how you know your teammates all have one, but not sure how you know everyone in your class does), then you would want them to know you got one.

But unless you have money to buy one for yourself, then your only choice is to talk to mom about it.
    hiedio Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2013, 11:08 AM
    Breast different sizes
    Hello!my prob is my right breast is bigger than the left breast.(I don't know if this matters but I am right handed.)is my left breast going to catch up or...
    Thanks,
    hiedio
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2013, 11:12 AM
    How old are you?

There is usually a very small differnce between one and the other... sometimes when young enough a bigger difference balances itself out over time... once in a while it doesn't.

If you are 13 or 14 it still might... if you are over 18 then its time to see a doctor as then it might not.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2013, 11:13 AM
    Most women are not completely symmetrical. If it's a sudden change in one breast or another it could be a matter for a doctor to look into. It it's a minor difference, it's probably within the real of "average".

Jan 2, 2013, 11:14 AM
    I am 11 my birthday is July 30th so still a while from 12:(
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2013, 11:16 AM
    Give it time then... at 11 they are really just getting started... you have another 5 years or so before you would have to start worrying... and then only if the difference would be larger... like a cup size or more. If you have to look hard to notice it... then you have nothing to worry about.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2013, 11:34 AM
    I agree. You are really just barely starting developing. Don't worry about it and also be aware that a lot of girls look at themselves way more critically than they should, and find far more faults than other people would even notice with a microscope.

Jan 2, 2013, 03:02 PM
    Is 11 late
    Is 11 and not wearing even a training bra normal. I feel very akward being the only girl in 6th grade not wearing a bra.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 2, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Everyone matures at a different rate.
    This is NOT something that mere peer pressure can change,

Enjoy childhood as you cannot go back..
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 03:04 PM
    I certainly wouldn't be worried about this at age 11. You still have time.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 03:10 PM
    It's definitely normal. Enjoy not wearing a bra. You'll have to wear one the rest of your life :(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2013, 05:36 PM
    And how do you know you are the only one? Have you seen EVERY girl in your grade with their shirt off?

Have you discussed with your mother whether you need one?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 05:41 PM
    Yes, it is perfectly normal.

To tell you the truth, I didn't start developing breasts until I was 16.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 05:46 PM
    What are your classmates using bras to train for? Most of them probably don't need one at age 11. I was over 12 before I was allowed to wear one. Like the others here said, enjoy your childhood. Bras are a royal pain!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 07:57 PM
    Maybe a sport bra for your athletic is what you need to ask mom for.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 08:01 PM
    A training bra is mostly an undershirt shaped like a bra. It's for girls that are self conscious of their little breasts showing through their shirts. It's okay to ask for one of those. An 11 year old asking for a bra with padding, is just a girl that wants to fit in, not a girl that needs a bra. If you needed a bra, you wouldn't need the padding. Just saying.

I think you want a bra. That's fine, I'm sure most of the girls your age want one, even though they don't need one. So ask mom for some training bras, an undershirt shaped like a bra. If you really need one, you won't have to ask, mom will ask you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2013, 08:25 PM
    Again, this is really bothering you. I think 6th grade is about when girls start wearing bras - some need them, some don't. Just ask your mom and be done with it. If she's going to talk about it now, she'll also talk about it next year so just get it over with - ask her not to talk about it and if she does, it will be over soon enough. If she tells someone in front of you, think of what you will say such as "nice job keeping this between you and me, Mom," or, "this isn't exactly news - pretty much every girl gets a bra in sixth grade at my school". If you can have a laugh about it or empower yourself by correcting your mom when she does something to embarrass you, you might find it less embarrassing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Is 11 and not wearing even a training bra normal. I feel very akward being the only girl in 6th grade not wearing a bra.
    I do have to say, I find this odd. What do they have in the water where you live?

My daughter is 10, and she's in the 5/6 grade split at school, she's in 5th grade. None of the girls in the grade 6 split of her class wear a bra, not one. So how can you be the only girl in 6th grade not wearing a bra, when my daughter is in a class with many 6th grade girls, not one of them that wear, or need to wear a bra?

Is this an issue of location, or just an issue of parents letting their children grow up too soon when it's not necessary?

Either way, I still stand by the points I posted before. You may need a training bra, but you mentioned a padded bra. If you need a padded bra, then you don't need a bra at all. Padding is what gives you breasts. If you have breasts, which require needing a bra, then you don't need padding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search