Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    torisama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Can I be adopted by a friend's family?
    My home life now is a disaster, I need to get out and my friends family said they would adopt me, but I have only heard that it can only be done with the consent of both parents, my dad isn't around anymore and I doubt my mom would sogn me over, is there any other way?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
    No other way to do it. What's the disaster?
    torisama Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Adoption by friend's family
    Can anyone please tell me in Indiana how exactly I can be adopted by my friend's family without my parents consent? There has to be another way
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
    Bottom line is you can't. You can't get adopted without parental consent, period.

The ONLY possibility is you prove to cps that you are being abused and they may put you in foster care, maybe with your friend's family.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 21, 2012, 11:40 AM
    Yup... you CAN.

But you have to pretty much throw your parents to the wolves to do it. You need to call CPS and report all of the actual abuse that is happening to you.

If you are not actually being abused, but just don't like your parent's rules and the way they make you do things---well, you're out of luck. That's called "being a teenager".

If you ARE being abused, report it.

If you are NOT being abused, regard this as "character building" and remember that you can move out when you are 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I ask or know before going on vacation with my friend's family? [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of questions I should ask or know about the family and extended families member before heading out to North Carolina with my friend's family ?

I WANT TO be adopted into a different family how? [ 3 Answers ]

I WANT TO be adopted into a family I have them picked out... I don't want to hurt my family but I am not happy all of my sibblinga and parents are but I'm not... I just want to be adopted into a family I picked out... how do I tell ethier family?

How do I find my family my father is adopted [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find my family my father is adopted

How do I find adopted family? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister was adopted at birth. I only know her first and last name, and I need to find her.

Still in love with family friend's relative who never told me he had a girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do. I am miserbly in love with a loser. All I do is think about him. About three years ago I met this guy that was my father's best friend's nephew and there was something about him right away. I am not the kind of person that become attracted to just anyone especially...

View more questions Search