Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0qwerty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Goodman Heating Pump Parts
    I have a Goodman Split Unit Heat Pump that has a chattering Contactor. It is only getting 18 volts to the Contactor, but when you disconnect it, the voltage rises to 28 volts. I have put several Contactors of different brands on it with the same results.
    Any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 21, 2012, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0qwerty View Post
    I have a Goodman Split Unit Heat Pump that has a chattering Contactor. It is only getting 18 volts to the Contactor, but when you disconnect it, the voltage rises to 28 volts. I have put several Contactors of different brands on it with the same results.
    Any suggestions?
    Could be a weak transformer, It might show voltage but not enough milliamps/VA. Use a minimum of 40 VA for the transformer. Now loose low voltage wiring can cause this and I have seen thermostats cause this problem also. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating and cooling unit blowing air but not heating- goodman [ 1 Answers ]

It is a gas pack. Blowing air but not heating. Could it have a pilot light out?

Goodman heat pump parts [ 4 Answers ]

My Goodman heat pump model CPLE48-1A will not go into defrost. I have replaced the defrost board and the defrost thermostat located on the outdoor coil. Any hints as to what to check next?

Heat pump heating but no fan blowing warm air on Goodman. [ 4 Answers ]

Heat pump is heating and everything seems to be good except the blower fan is not kicking on in attic to circulate warm air. I replaced the sequencer and the capacitor for the blower. Any ideas, this is on a Goodman. Thanks!

Parts for Baseboard Heating [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, I have baseboard heating all around my house, recently I had tiles installed in my house and had to remove all the baseboards coverings. Now I'm trying to put all the coverings back and realized that most of the DAMPER CLIPS are gone! I tried at Home Depot, searched online but I don't...

View more questions Search