Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jasper Skynol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 08:34 AM
    Can 13 year olds chose to leave their parents
    My home probably isn't the worst in the world by far but I can't really take as much as other people can emotionally. I wanted to leave my parents since I was about 8 and I still do. They never do "1 big thing", they don't physically hurt me, some threats are use but its lots and lots of little things that add up and they make me feel useless and a waste of space quite allot. Is there any way I can chose to leave my parents or go to something similar to fostercare UK?
    p.s. I have a 3 year old brother but no other siblings
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Skynol View Post
    My home probably isn't the worst in the world by far but I can't really take as much as other people can emotionally. I wanted to leave my parents since I was about 8 and I still do. they never do "1 big thing", they don't physically hurt me, some threats are use but its lots and lots of little things that add up and they make me feel useless and a waste of space quite allot. is there any way I can chose to leave my parents or go to something similar to fostercare UK?
    p.s. i have a 3 year old brother but no other siblings
    No you can't... you have it better than you will ever have it now.

You aren't being physically abused... and except for a few chores your don't HAVE to work if you expect to eat.

Besides... just wait until you have to get a job... if you think you have it hard now... wait until you have a boss that tells you what to do all the time... and you will. We all do. Even people that have their own businesses have to answer to the customers.

And if you think you will be better on fostercare with people paid to house you... you are sadly mistaken... they aren't paid to love you... or even like you... they will make you work... and you won't get ANY of the nice things you get from your parents.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
    Call Child Protective Services, claim emotional abuse. You may be taken from your parents and put into foster care.

That's not a fun system but you would be "away" from all of your family - and friends.

When you reach age 18 (I believe) you age out. You are handed a very small sum of money and your belongings in a paper bag.

Is that what you want?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Call Child Protective Services, claim emotional abuse. You may be taken from your parents and put into foster care.

That's not a fun system but you would be "away" from all of your family - and friends.

When you readh age 18 (I believe) you age out. You are handed a very small sum of money and your belongings in a paper bag.

Is that what you want?
    Yes and after that you are completely on your own... without any safety net... someone to run home to or get advice from.
    Jasper Skynol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:12 PM
    OK thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

13 year olds dating 16 year olds [ 12 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 13 and I dated a 16 year old. We still remain contact with each other and even when I tell him I want to be friends he still pursues me. I like him a little still and I broke up with him because of our age differences I know my mother would kill me if she found out. Anyway should I be with...

Are 16 year olds allowed to go on holidays without parents? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 in August and I would like to go away with my boyfriend after my birthday. We have been together a year and a half so we are mature teens. I wish to stay in england but I would like to know if many people accept people of our age.

Why does my ex GF contact me to offer help if she chose to leave me for another guy? [ 21 Answers ]

Well it's a long story but 6 weeks ago I got into an argument with my ex, her mom and brother. Well after that fight, she left me, and is now dating a new guy whom she was friends with already. Her family finally got done with me. I'm going to admit for the last 7 years I was controlling, jealous,...

Chose software engineering life cycle and why you chose it? [ 1 Answers ]

SCENARIO Integrated Library Board The Integrated Library Board (ILB) was established on early 90s, to spearhead the transformation of library services in Singapore in the Information Age. Its mission is to expand the learning capacity of the nation so as to enhance national competitiveness and...

View more questions Search