Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redeemedtwo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 05:07 AM
    In Texas how long can an employer hold overtime pay?
    How long can an employer hold your overtime pay before paying you for the overtime? If I work overtime on 06/03/12 can my employer not pay me for the overtime until 07/13/12, three paychecks later?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2012, 05:22 AM
    Pay has to be according to a published schedule. If they routinely delay overtime pay, they can, but they can't withhold pay discriminately.

If you believe this is being done, contact the TX Dept of Labor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer hold pay check [ 8 Answers ]

How long can an employer hold your payroll check after pay period ending?

How long does an employer have to pay an employee after termination in Texas? [ 2 Answers ]

How long does an employer have to get cobra insurance packets to an employee after termination?

How long can an employer hold a paycheck [ 1 Answers ]

My husband employer never makes payroll on time. They work all week and then on payday they can't make payroll. They are always waiting for that big check. Then when the check comes in the office manager (The son of the boss) spends it and the employees don't get paid. He is now over two weeks...

Texas law... how long does an employer have to correct and incorrect paycheck? [ 3 Answers ]

I started a new job as a Nursing Supervisor a month ago. On my first paycheck I noticed that the pay rate was $4/hr less than it was supposed to be. Payroll said No problem that it would be added to my next paycheck. Second paycheck (a week ago) the rate is still $4/hr less and correction from...

View more questions Search