Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2012, 10:51 PM
    Is he abusing drugs?
    My partner is 22 years old, never been diagnosed with any type of back problem or been in any kind of accident that's caused him to need prescription pills to treat his back pain. He gets norcos and vicodin from his mother, he's admitted to me that he has an issue with pills, he's even admitted at times that he agrees when I tell him those who abuse them often justify it by saying they're in pain and need them. We've been fighting a lot about this, as I am clean and do not want him abusing drugs. He says he takes them to help with his back pain. He works 25-30 hours a week at subway. I'm not buying that that's why he takes them. I've even told him it's a fellony and illegal for his mom to not only give them to him, but for him to be taking someone else's prescription. So he's claiming he'd going to get medical insurance and get his own prescription so that he can take them legally for his "back pain". My question is, how much pain does a 22 year old have if he's never had a back related injury and no genetic related back disorder such as scoliosis, etc.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 03:42 PM
    While just standing at work can cause some pain, the answer is not self diagnosing his own symptoms, or using the meds prescribed for another. Yes he could be hooked, and if he isn't willing to get some help, or can't afford a doctor, Narcotics Anonymous is good alternative help, if he wants it.

Using some one else's meds, IS abuse.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 03:56 PM
    He may have all sorts of back pain, and needs to see a doctor for it, there are several possible choices.

He is breaking the law using his moms drugs and can be fired from work, arrested or worst.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to send my kids to their dads for weekend visits if he is abusing drugs? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex uses drugs when he has our children every other weekend for visitation. My kids don't like that he does them. Can I not allow them to see him if he continues to do drugs while they are in his care? We do not have a court custody agreement. We had a verbal agreement made and the kids live with...

Legal ramifications for abusing prescription drugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is getting prescriptions from numerous doctors and emergency rooms. What are the legal ramifications of that practice?

How do I know if my mom is abusing me [ 15 Answers ]

Hi.. Uhmm, is it right for my mother to treat me differently than my 3 other siblings? She calls me a , slut, stupid, fat , every name in the book. I am forced to get good grades, be active, volunteer for in and out school activities. She onced told me to 'get out of her house' when I was 7. She...

View more questions Search