Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2193steven Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Really stressed! Signal problems
    Hi eveyone, thanks for reading,
    Last week I turned the computer on, it got to the welcome screen and I couldn't move the mouse cursor to select my icon, so (probly really stupidly) I just unpluged the computer at the wall, thinking that if I restart it the mouse will work, when I turned the computer back on, the LEDs on the front came on, and the fan was running, but it didn't beep atall and the monitor didn't come out of sleep mode, and just displayed the message 'no signal'. What have I don? Can it be fixed without opening the comp up?

Also I don't want to open the comp up cause it still has the warranty tag on, which stops me from opening it up, I don't want to take it off, in case its still in warranty, but I know.

Im really stressed, I'm 16, in the middle of my GCSE's, and all my coursework is on the computer, including a piece that has to be in by next week, otherwise I lose 50% of my grade, also my mum doesn't know yet, when she finds out she's going to kill me! HELP!

P.S I have checked all the cables, and held the on button for 30 secs to drain power, but still no signal
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Mar 5, 2007, 12:01 PM
    If it will power on but won't boot, there are a number of possible causes, all of which will likely involve removing the case. If you suspect the PC is under warranty, give them a call and see what they can do for you. Even if it is under warranty, it may take a while to fix unless you have onsite service. Otherwise, expect to sent it to the manufacturer or take it to the store where you purchased it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so stressed out anyone that can help please do I could use it [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so the past school year I have been sooo stressed out me and my mom have been fighting a lot and like right now we are not talking. I have been missing my dad a lot lately. My boyfriend says some stuff that stresses me out and I'm always freaking out that he is leaving me and it kills me...

Stressed Mom [ 10 Answers ]

I would appreciate feedback from parents of teenagers. I have a 15 year old son who recently stole my car in the middle of the night and wrapped it around a hydro pole. He is being charged with Careless driving, driving without a license and my husband and I had to charge him with Theft of a motor...

Constantly stressed! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay well here's the deal, I don't know what's wrong with me. That's bad. I'm cnstantly stressed. Even my girlfriend through the phone tells me it seems something's wrong with me. I always have a feeling something's bad going to happen. Advice?

I'm so Stressed [ 3 Answers ]

I just need somwun to talk to I been so stressed. Well lets see how to start, I've been with this girl for 5 years we had a baby together she's 7 months, we've been on and off I really love her, we gotten into a fight and she just went crazy, I woke up yesterday with the police at my house saying I...

Stressed [ 6 Answers ]

OK so basiclly I'm pretty stressed right now I'm going into high school witch I'm kind of nerviose about And I really like my best guy friend but I'm not sure what to do he tells me that he loves me to and misses being with me but then he says he doesn't want a girlfriend So what should I do

View more questions Search