Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t1229 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 07:39 AM
    15 year old with continuous period
    My 15 year old daughter was put on birth control to help with endometriosis and an Ovarion cyst. After 3 months the cyst went away and the because seemed to help with the endo pain. We switched brands due to not being covered on insurance. The new ones she took for two months but they made her feel nausous ALL the time so we switched again, but when she switched to the new pills her period never stopped. I called the doctor and they said not to worry it is probably just an adjustment to the new Rx. After another 2 weeks I called again, then her doctor who put her on a taper pill, at first it worked, she took 3 pills for a week and it finally stopped but when she switched to two pills it started back up after 3 days and now she is down to 1 pill and it's still going. I called the doctor back they said to keep doing as we our and the hope is that once her normal period starts it should stop when it's supossed to. Do you agree? I'm just a little concerned what if it doesn't stop? This has been going on so long it's almost 2 months and she is tired mentally and physically.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2012, 08:14 AM
    I never will disagree with a doctor, since they should know, but it "appears" that it is this brand. You may need to consider going back to the brand not covered by insurance if it was working the best.
    t1229 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I never will disagree with a doctor, since they should know, but it "appears" that it is this brand. You may need to consider going back to the brand not covered by insurnace if it was working the best.

We did go back to that brand when she finally stopped the doctor switched her to her original brand taking to a day for a week then to 1 and so on but after 4 days of just two pills she started her period again. I spoke to the nurse again today and they say that their hope is that once she finishes this pack of pills it tells her body that she is done and the next new pack taken normally will correct this issue. Sounds good in theory I just hope it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 14 years old and haven't had my period, for 1 year! What should I do [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and haven't started my period,for 1 year! What should I do, I'm still a virgin Obviously! And been to the nearest GP/Doctor, they have just told me it always happens but I'm abit negative to what advice they have told me. Is there no medicines or herbal medicines or food which can...

My 10 Year old is she getting her period ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a Mum in Sydney Australia and my daughter for the past 3 weeks has been giving us hell! She has been walking about with a major attitude and back lipping, to add. I have noticed that she has been very sensitive of late and she has for the past couple of months been developing breasts,...

I have been having my period for a YEAR! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I don't know what else to do, I now as of April 23rd , have been having a heavy period for a year. I have been to doctor after doctor and they all tell me its stress and it will go away. They have done tests and such but can't get a good reading... I am beside myself I don't know what else to...

View more questions Search