Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwinger5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 07:35 AM
    International money transfer tax consiquences
    Money from a sale of property in Thailand , looking to transfer it to U.S. bank account. Capital gains have been paid on the funds in Thailand , will there be any tax consequences in the U.S.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 20, 2012, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinger5 View Post
    Money from a sale of property in Thailand , looking to transfer it to U.S. bank account. Capital gains have been paid on the funds in Thailand , will there be any tax consequences in the U.S. ?
    There are no US tax consequences on transferring money into the US. Whether you have any income tax issues is impossible to say without knowing what your US residency status is and the source of the funds. You mention capital gains - if the money comes from sale of property you owned in Thailand and you are a US citizen or resident then you will have to report the sale and calculate capital gains tax owed, but take a credit for foreign taxes paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International money transfer [ 5 Answers ]

I am a US citizen living in the states. I am to receive a lot of gift money from a relative oversees, who is not a citizen of the US. Is there a maximum international wire transfer amount allowed per year or per life-time? Is any this going to be taxed?

International money transfer [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Usa and I have a friend that lives in Korea he wants to send me money but we don't know how to do that. Can you help?

Taxes on international money transfer [ 0 Answers ]

Did inherit about $ 90000 in Switzerland. What is my tax situation here in the US when I transfer that money to my account in the US.

International money transfer [ 8 Answers ]

If my dad wants to send money from a foreign country to me, as a gift.. and the amount is roughly $50,000... do I have to pay taxes on that? Or claim it as income next year on my taxes? He is not a US citizen or resident.. I'm a US citizen.. just wondering what is the best way to go about...

View more questions Search