Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glynis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Relationship ended
    Dear all,

I am new to this site so hello everyone. I am going through a very bad time. I am 48 and last year I sold my house to live with my partner of 2 years with the intention of buying somewhere together. Very sadly it did not work as I had so hoped for. I am living with my mother (which I haven't done for some time!) until my flat is ready to move into mid April. For the past 8 weeks I have sunk into a deep depression which I am taking anti depressants for and started therapy yesterday. I left my work because I was in such a mess. Last week he arranged to meet me went out for the day and he said he wanted to build bridges and start again slowly. I thought hopefully this will be a light and the end of a very black tunnel. So we spent a day and a couple of nights together. The next day he text me (he is 52!) and said there are two many bridges to build good luck and goodbye. I just could not believe it it felt like a knife through my stomach. I just can't understand what he is doing. We had been together for over 2 years I really felt he loved and cared for me but now I feel I have no one to turn to. He was everything my social life revolved around him. I have a close family but they are getting fed up with me constantly going on about him. Can anyone give me some advise as I really want to try again.
    Glynis
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 12:55 AM
    I don't think you can try again. He's already said he didn't want to bring it any further. What more can you do for the relationship if he doesn't want to be a part of it.

I think you need to bring the focus back to you. Concentrate on goals that you want to fufil for your life and not his or yours and start working on them.
    blessedone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Glynis
    Dear all,

I am new to this site so hello everyone. I am going through a very bad time. I am 48 and last year I sold my house to live with my partner of 2 years with the intention of buying somewhere together. Very sadly it did not work as I had so hoped for. I am living with my mother (which I haven't done for some time!) until my flat is ready to move into mid April. For the past 8 weeks I have sunk into a deep depression which I am taking anti depressants for and started therapy yesterday. I left my work because I was in such a mess. Last week he arranged to meet me went out for the day and he said he wanted to build bridges and start again slowly. I thought hopefully this will be a light and the end of a very black tunnel. So we spent a day and a couple of nights together. The next day he text me (he is 52!) and said there are two many bridges to build good luck and goodbye. I just could not believe it it felt like a knife through my stomach. I just can't understand what he is doing. We had been together for over 2 years I really felt he loved and cared for me but now I feel I have no one to turn to. He was everything my social life revolved around him. I have a close family but they are getting fed up with me constantly going on about him. Can anyone give me some advise as I really want to try again.
    Glynis
    You are too good for him. Begin going out to dinner with friends or just alone to find yourself again. You somehow lost yourself to someone that did not appreciate you. Your king is out there just waiting until you are at a healthy state of mind and ready to move forward. If you continue to linger and wonder if you and your ex will get back together, you are wasting your time, unless God tells you something different. Get yourself into a christian teaching church with a singles ministy and keep yourself busy to other things with other people. God does not create losers, we with our own will, will have us depending on a human for self satisfaction. You are a queen and must demand to be treated as such. Allow no human to determine your destiny or control your emotions. And, please do not stay on that medicine longer than 3 months. Be blessed. Jesus loves you unconditionally. Your Sister in Christ.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ended things with my boyfriend because OF A STRIP CLUB! [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday my boyfriend told me he was going out with his friend for coffee and I was totally OK with that, but than after a couple of hours later I called him and he didn't answer the phone the first time so I called him again in a couple of seconds and he sounded it out of breath which made me...

Why does scout say their peace ended? [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: even though dill gets permission to stay in maycomb why does scout say their peace ended after a week

Trying to get a dirty blonde, but ended up with orange/red hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I naturally have medium brown hair with reddish high lights to it... I thought I'd cheap out and get an at-home dye kit, which normally is fine, because typically I go darker with my hair. I thought I'd do a dirty blonde, or light ash brown, but instead of blondish brown, it's orange... what can I...

Depressed partner has ended our relationship [ 9 Answers ]

I have been dating a lovely guy who has been separated for 2 years and is now living on his own away from his home town, near to me. We hit it off straight away yet still remained cautious as we are both in our 30s. On a trip abroad we discussed him moving in with me to which I agreed but then...

Do I have a grace period after the lease is ended? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: my lease expired on oct 30th but I needed to wait until nov 1st to move my things into a new place. Now my old landlord is saying that she wants to keep part of my deposit for the extra 2 days I was in the apt. is this legal or do I get some sort of grace period for cleaning and...

View more questions Search