Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MEECH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Covering Highlights on Dark Brown Hair
    I've been highlighting my hair and my natural color is dark brown. I'm happy with it but have moved far away from my favorite stylist. I'd like to cover the highlights without causing too much damage and do this at home. Would it be best to use a demi-permanent color? I'd like a rich, dark chestnut color. But, I don't want to have to recolor often causing more damage. Please advise on the healthiest way to keep my highlights covered without having to retouch roots often. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Demi-permanent color will gradually wash out with each shampoo, and it does not cause any lightening effect. If you don't want to re-color your hair often and want to touch up the roots, then I recommend using a permanent hair color. Afterwards, do a deep conditioning treatment, it will make your hair look healthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

How to get dark brown hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all! I want to get a dark chocolate brown color on my hair and I know from experience that dying my hair with a dark brown color actually turns it black, so what color should I use? I heard people say that I should use a medium brown and that gives it a dark brown color. What kind of medium...

Dark brown hair like lindsay lohan's! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know what color I should use if I want to dye my hair into a dark choclate brown color like lindsay lohan's or nicole richie's new brown color? My hair is brown/blackish on the top where my roots are and the rest of my hair and ends are like a light reddish auburn color. I would...

I recently got my colored my hair to a dark brown [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently went to a salon and wanted to color my hair, my hair is naturally a dark blonde/light brown hair color but I had light blonde highlites all over my head and so ia sked my hait stylist if he could dye my hair a light brown so it could be the closest possible hair colour to my...

View more questions Search