Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angie ramsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Hvac questions free
    I have a split system A/C. My unit outside has frost on the pipe and will not turn on. How can I fix this problem? Is my air conditioner ruined?
    james030bailey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 07:16 PM
    Your system has a leak. Replacing indoor or outdoor coil after leak search is performed. With luck the leak could be at valves or line copper set. Coil replacement can be expensive,age of your split system then should determan if repair or replacement is the best opption,coil leaks cannot be patched.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

r22a hvac questions [ 0 Answers ]

I removed the r22 from a system and charged with three 8 oz cans of r22a. The evaporator coils froze. I removed some of the r22a and it seemed to get better, but the lower side of the coils is still freezing. The system is a trane and the low side is 150 high side 300 I charged at 76 degrees and...

Free hvac advice [ 3 Answers ]

Competent with fluke and tools. Yearly routine last year was a bug in pressure switch 200 bucks later worked fine. Can't afford tech this year. Was heating 2 weeks ago worked fine. Today changed filter, killed power, pulled and cleaned pressure switch still NOT blowing cold air. What next please?

HVAC technician questions'; [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently enrolled in a 45 week HVAC program at Algonquin College. I am just wondering about writing my TSSA, is there a certain percent I have to graduate with? I believe it is 75% but I am not 100% sure? Also, I am considering getting into Commercial, do you guys recommend this? Or is...

Hvac questions [ 9 Answers ]

I have an old airease furnace and it will not come on. I changed the circuit board and the transformer, what could cause this?

View more questions Search