Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khirista Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
    Was this a paranormal or scientific experience?
    A couple of years back, when I was still pretty young, I woke up in the middle of the night and went to my parents room because I couldn't sleep.Their room is down the hall from my own.As I walked, I stopped and noticed that the light coming in from a window looked strange.It resembled the reflection of water like on the bottom of a pool and moved the same way.I hurriedly awoke my dad but when I returned to show him, the light was no longer altered.My eyesight was 20 20 then and there hadn't been any rain recently so I ruled out those possibilities.My house isn't old and my family and I are the only ones who have lived there.I'm wondering if this could have been a paranormal event.Thankyou for any thoughts or theorys as to what might have caused this :)
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 4, 2012, 03:40 AM
    The most likely cause of the phenomena is that the headlights from a vehicle was streaming through the window. Now if that vehicle was behind a shrub or bush with its leaves moving in the wind you would have the water effect. Perhaps you didn't notice it before because only a vehicle of a certain height and in the exact location was never present before. To explain its sudden departure... the vehicle drove off.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 4, 2012, 06:21 AM
    I'm sure it was something natural reflecting into the home. A car or somebodys porch light... the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by khirista View Post
    A couple of years back, when I was still pretty young, I woke up in the middle of the night and went to my parents room because I couldn't sleep.Their room is down the hall from my own.As I walked, I stopped and noticed that the light coming in from a window looked strange.It resembled the reflection of water like on the bottom of a pool and moved the same way.I hurriedly awoke my dad but when I returned to show him, the light was no longer altered.My eyesight was 20 20 then and there hadn't been any rain recently so I ruled out those possibilities.My house isn't old and my family and I are the only ones who have lived there.I'm wondering if this could have been a paranormal event.Thankyou for any thoughts or theorys as to what might have caused this :)
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 4, 2012, 05:41 PM
    I stand behind my original thought that the light was caused by a vehicle. Any stationary, structural object that could be responsible would be notice over time due to the logical fact that it is going to be in use on a steady basis. If the lights used more on a regular basis, they are more likely to be seen repeatedly. Streelamps and porch lamps fall into that category.
    One could argue that cars are used freguently and therefore should follow the above thought. However, most car lights are approx. the same height and may not have the correct height or angle to cause the effect spoken of in the original question. But a taller vehicle that would only be in the area occasionally, such as a moving van or delivery truck could have the reguirements. Someone in the neighborhood may have had the front of his car jacked up or on ramps for a repair. Another thing that could be possilbe is a taxi, pizza delivery or even a police cruiser. All have been known to use search lights to look for addresses in the dark. We even use them ourselves because Canada has dark winters with the sun setting in winter around 5 pm. Looking for an address is warmer and easier when we use the high power search lamp from inside the car rather than getting out in minus 30 degree weather! Hope that this helps. What ever the case, you would be more likely to notice over time the effects of a fixed lighting source than a transient one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paranormal experience while sleeping [ 1 Answers ]

Last night I was sleeping like normal on my side an hour into it I suddenly woke up to footsteps coming up the stares, then my bed started squeaking and rocking as if someone was there pushing side to side everything was windy around me, my sheets were getting tangled around me it felt as someone...

Paranormal experience I need help with. [ 4 Answers ]

This all started with me and laura going for a walk a few weeks ago, We went to this abandon field and when we came back 2 days later, The things that were there were gone (Very old hunting stand nailed to the ground) No one goes there, no one took it down. No one even tends to that land. It was...

My paranormal experience [ 2 Answers ]

One night I was laying in bed thinking about the love virgen Mary and Jesus have for all humans he died to save us and she suffer the pain of her son diying I asked them for forgiveness for their pain and also asked them to fill my heart with their love I feel the sadness of their pain and their...

My first Paranormal experience [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Well this is my story. I’m in Cornwall (UK) and there’s a haunted castle called Pengasick castle, apparently one of the most haunted in the UK. They were doing a ghost night there so I went allot with my mum and some friends, its was a good night They decided to do a calling and...

View more questions Search