Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dean mcgeer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Problem connecting new TV to hdd
    Hi, I recently bought a 6000 series Samsung LED TV that has a built in HD freeview tuner.

I've also bought a Samsung blu-ray/ HDD recorder, so we can watch blu-rays and record TV, similar to sky plus.

So here's my problem:
    I don't have a conventional TV aerial, I'm using the old sky dish to tune into the freeview, which is great because the TV has a satellite connector directly on the back... so far so good. The TV works perfectly but the problem comes with the HDD. This seems to have its own freeview tuner which I can't seem to override/deactivate, and only has a TV aerial type connector socket on the back. Is there any way I can get these 2 units connected and working together, preferably using the HD tuner in the TV?

PS there is 1 x HDMI output on the HDD, which is used by the blu-ray player
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Since there is no output from the TV, you will not be able to use the TV's tuner to record on the recorder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My problem is a hdd password and no operating system [ 1 Answers ]

If I buy a new hard drive from bestbuy and a recovery disc from toshiba do you think my problem will be fixed my technition is charging too much for me ,so I think I can do this myself I don't want to waste money

After new HDD, can't boot to BIOS w/HDD connected [ 3 Answers ]

This is my computer: Link Gateway GT5228 This is my motherboard: Link FIC K2BC51 Motherboard with NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Chipset This is my new HDD: Link WD Caviar Black Model: WD1002FAEX Brief history of the problem:• After an office move, old HDD failed 4 times in 2 weeks; recovered,...

Problem connecting 2 external HDD together. [ 4 Answers ]

Hii I got 2 external multimedia hard drive of toshiba one of them is 1TB and the other is 1.5TB... but when I connect both of them together 2 my laptop it shows only one of them at a time in My Computer... when I connect them individually it works fine... can anyone tell me how do I make them...

Adding Samsung HDD to back up document on RAID array, HDD not detected [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Samsung 1.5Tb Eco Drive to back up some of my documents. I cannot seem to get the computer to recognise the drive in the Computer Management tab so that I can partition and format the drive correctly and begin my backup. On my computer presently I am running 3x320Gb HDD's...

View more questions Search