Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gazzalloyd218 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 05:51 AM
    Excel
    I want to set up a way for me to insert some information into a table on excel and if a certan word is input then it will copy that line of info to a another sheet within the spreadsheet have you got any ideas the help would be much appreciated
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 19, 2012, 02:14 PM
    There are a myriad of ways to do this with formulas or with macros. Knowing which would be best is determined by your final workbook layout.

What does the INPUT sheet actually look like?
    When does the "copy" need to occur in the input process?
    Does it need to happen in realtime or just when the "other" sheet(s) are viewed?
    Is VBA even an option? (not everyone allows macros to be enabled on their systems)

Click GO ADVANCED and use the paperclip icon to post up a copy of your workbook. Make sure the workbook demonstrates your desired results if possible. Use BEFORE/AFTER sheets if that helps make it clearer.
    Chic_Bowdrie Posts: 54, Reputation: 8

Jun 20, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzalloyd218 View Post
    i want to set up a way for me to insert some information into a table on excel and if a certan word is input then it will copy that line of info to a another sheet within the spreadsheet have you got any ideas the help would be much appreciated
    If your "line of info" is in one column of data, you can search the column for a word using just the formulas FIND, and IF. I will attach a spreadsheet as an example. The data is on sheet 1. The searched for word and info containing the search word appears on sheet 2. You can change the search word in cell a2 to whatever you want.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls Search Text for Words.xls (14.0 KB, 127 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet [ 28 Answers ]

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet.

About Excel [ 1 Answers ]

How much of Excel do you need to know to be considered proficient in it? In particular how many function do you need to know?

Excel 2007 to have excel 2003 look? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I have Microsoft Excel 2007, from my course at college I have been given instructions to do a task. However these instructions are for excel 2003. How do I change my excel 07 to look like excel 03 so that it is easier. I know there is a way, help greatly appreicated thanks.

Ms excel [ 1 Answers ]

Can you give me the meaning of cell adverg

Excel help [ 1 Answers ]

I am using excel to record some data and I have it setup to do some math based on the info that I put into certain cells. Now what I am wondering is am I able to setup the sheet so that it will prompt me for the 4 pieces of data that I want to enter and then place those in the proper cells and then...

View more questions Search