Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhersley Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Please Help Rescue A Family In Need

I've never had to ask for this kind of help before, so please forgive my akwardness.

I am a 51yr old male who due to illness have been limited on making sufficient income.

I am married to an absolutely wonderful woman who I love and cherish dearly.

Recently due to financial struggles, we have been forced to live 200 miles apart from each other and our two teenage daughters are staying with friends.

Due to my struggles, I have literally lost everything that I once owned.

The only thing that I have left in my life that are near and dear to me is my wife and daughters.

I am on the verge of losing them because due to being ill and trying to survive on my own I'm not sure how much longer I can exist alone. It is absolutely destroying me.

My wife and I are in need of a home. We have been searching high and low for something affordable.

We have finally found a home that we can own for only $10,000.

It is a nicely remodeled, medium sized 2br mobile home. We will own this home and it will be ours. No one will be able take it away from us.

I'm not as much asking for help to buy this home as I am absolutely begging someone with a kind heart to help me put my family back together again.

The home would be a major part in rebuilding my family.

Of course on top of needing a home where we can live together as a loving family, we will need a few home essentials. Furniture, appliances, and the basics.

I'm so torn up by not having my family with me, that I have even considered doing something illegal to get my beautiful family back together again.

This is not like me. I would have course never do something like that, but I love my family so much, that I am almost willing to do anything possible to get them back home to me.

My goal is to raise $15,000 to $25,000. This is a modest goal and a very small price to put a deserving family back together.

Any or all of that amount would be sincerely appreciated.

If you can help, or know of someone who can help, please contact me.

I can not stress the fact of how desperate I truly am.

I have been praying to God for someone to help my family. Surely he will not let my prayers go unanswered.

Not only is this stress hard on my mind and my heart, it is actually starting to deteriorate my health as well.

Thank you for considering my family.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 06:44 PM
    No one here will give you money, if you believe that is the use of the site.

Next why can not rent a cheap mobile home or apartment and live together. And if you can not pay tax, or land rent, or repairs on the home, you can lose it also. Happens every day.
    ** I used to be the person that would buy up the homes people would lose.

Why can't you just move to where she is ?

Jun 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
    I can not rent a cheap mobile home or apartment because I do not have sufficient funds to do that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Do your wife and two daughters have jobs? Why are they living apart from you?

Have you sought local and county help?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 07:07 PM
    And your wife doesn't work? You don't collect disability?

Jun 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do your wife and two daughters have jobs? Why are they living apart from you?
    My wife has part time waitress job, struggling to take care of the girls.

My car was registered in the county that I originally lived in.

The county where we were living together has emission inspections before you can re-new registration and license tags.

My plates were going to expire, so I took my car back to my home county, in hopes of finding quick employment and re-registering my car.

The employment hasn't happened and now, my tags are expired. I have sold my car for money to survive on, since I could not afford to get it registered. Now, I am pretty much stuck here with nothing.

My wife is living with a friend in a tiny place and there is not room for all four of us there.

Believe me, if there were a place for us to live together, I'd start selling my own body parts to be able to get to them.

I guess you'd actually have to live the situation, to fully understand it.

Jun 18, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    And your wife doesn't work? You don't collect disability?
    She does work, but does not earn enough to be able to put us in a home on her own... deposits, utilities, basics, etc.

She can take care of the utilities if we had a place to live, but that would be her limitations.

No... I am not receiving disability.

I have applied for it and medicaid as well. I've been declined for both.

I am disputing and re-applying, but that doesn't help our needs right now.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Are you actually asking for money? Seriously?

My husband works, I work, and we barely make ends meet. We struggle week to week just to pay our mortgage and put food on the table, but you expect me, or someone like me, to give you money that you're not willing to work for?

The economy is in the gutter. We all work hard to have what we have. It's time for you to do the same.

You're not on the street, and neither are your wife and children, so get off your arse, sell your computer, shut down the internet access you can obviously afford, and put that money towards getting a home for you and your family. No one else will do it for you, we're all struggling.

I can't believe someone would actually come here and ask strangers to give them money. Talk about being lazy! Stop posting on the internet, and don't tell me this is the first site you posted on, I don't believe it for a second. Get a job! Any job! :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
    You've checked for help with the village, community, county? Area churches? Do you have a social worker helping you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
    So you get a bus to where she is at, and live where she is at, ( sorry you moved to register a car, but then did not have money to register it) that is so silly it is not believable. After that, you move to live with her and you watch the kids while she works, and she can work more hours.

You can make excuses but your story is not holding up.

You get food from food banks, get food stamps ( better if living together) apply for medicaid till disability is done.

Jun 18, 2012, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So you get a bus to where she is at, and live where she is at, ( sorry you moved to register a car, but then did not have money to register it) that is so silly it is not believable. after that, you move to live with her and you watch the kids while she works, and she can work more hours.

You can make excuses but your story is not holding up.

You get food from food banks, get food stamps ( better if living together) apply for medicaid till disability is done.
    Are bus tickets free?

I invite you to come spend a day with me.

You will see that my "excuses" are facts.

Sorry that my situation is "unbelievable" to you.

Food stamps and disability isn't what I need at this time... I'm aware of how to get them. You also need an address to apply for them, plus a lease agreement, utility bills in my name and I have none of those things.

I need immediate help. Much more than food stamps and $400 per month disability will do for me.

Where can I either buy a house, or rent a place with first month rent, deposits, utilities, etc with food stamps and disability?

Again, come spend a day with me. You will soon see that your "expert" advice doesn't apply in my case.

I guess advice is so simple to give from someone who can't even imagine the hell that I am currently living in. Someone who has a home and a safe plae for his family.

I am not asking you to judge me, or give cookie cutter advice.

I am literally begging for someone with a good heart to help me regroup my family, so that I do not have to do something drastic, or even worse, illegal.

So, this is the best response that you can offer? You cut me down when I'm at the lowest point in my life? You insult me and call me a liar when I am desperate and am in need of a friend?

I'm pleading for help as God said... "Ask and you shall receive". It's more like ask and you shall receive insults and verbal abuse.

And... you call yourself a Father?

I'm sure that Jesus is ashamed of your comments.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 09:31 PM
    Catholic Charities helps low-income families and individuals, seniors, and the disabled with transitional housing. Have you called them?

Jun 18, 2012, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Are you actually asking for money? Seriously?

My husband works, I work, and we barely make ends meet. We struggle week to week just to pay our mortgage and put food on the table, but you expect me, or someone like me, to give you money that you're not willing to work for?

The economy is in the gutter. We all work hard to have what we have. It's time for you to do the same.

You're not on the street, and neither are your wife and children, so get off your arse, sell your computer, shut down the internet access you can obviously afford, and put that money towards getting a home for you and your family. No one else will do it for you, we're all struggling.

I can't believe someone would actually come here and ask strangers to give them money. Talk about being lazy! Stop posting on the internet, and don't tell me this is the first site you posted on, I don't believe it for a second. Get a job! Any job! :(
    Yes... I am asking. I thought that was what Philantropists do... help people when they need it.

Yes... I am on the street... completely homeless.

I do not have a computer, or internet access. I have a very old laptop that has no value at all and I sit behind the McDonads to access the internet.

As far as getting off my to go to work, I'm sure my work history far exceeds anything that you've ever done. I am dealing with health issues at this time that has prevented me from working the last few months.

I apply for jobs daily, but I can't force someone to hire me.

Any more bull you want to sling my way?

Jun 18, 2012, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Catholic Charities helps low-income families and individuals, seniors, and the disabled with transitional housing. Have you called them?
    Thanks for asking. Been there. Done that.

Catholics only help Catholics.

I am not now, nor will I ever be a Catholic. They are one of the most judgemental and two faced religions on the planet.

They seem to think it's OK for Priests to fondle little boys, but when a good hearted family is in need, they turn their backs on them.

I choose not to associate myself with that kind of religion.
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 09:58 PM
    rhersley, I am sorry you are in the position you are in. However, the whole world is in a world of hurt financially. Most of us are living paycheck-to-paycheck and have no extra funds to help people in your situation.

I don't want to sound harsh, but in the age of the internet there is no way we can verify who you are and what your situation is. There are many scams out there in the internet and people make tons of money off soft hearted people.

I have to totally disagree with your image of Catholicism. Catholic charities help people of all denominations and cultural backgrounds. I am testament to that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhersley View Post
    Catholics only help Catholics.
    NOT TRUE! They help anyone of any denomination who is in need. They even help agnostics and atheists. I know that for sure. I'm Lutheran and did a year's internship there and counseled individuals and families in their transitional housing program.

Can you get to the public library tomorrow? The reference department will know of specific resources for your area.

Jun 18, 2012, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    rhersley, I am sorry you are in the position you are in. However, the whole world is in a world of hurt financially. Most of us are living paycheck-to-paycheck and have no extra funds to help people in your situation.

I don't want to sound harsh, but in the age of the internet there is no way we can verify who you are and what your situation is. There are many scams out there in the internet and people make tons of money off of soft hearted people.

I have to totally disagree with your image of Catholicism. Catholic charities help people of all denominations and cultural backgrounds. I am testament to that.
    I'm just really curious why people who are struggling to get by and living paycheck to paycheck are giving advice on a Philantropists web site.

Those people aren't exactly Philantropists... are they?
    Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 10:24 PM
    This isn't a Philanthropist website exclusively. You might want to check out all of the categories.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 10:30 PM
    The public library has a book or database on charities/grants and other types of philanthropy, but most applications demand certain proofs, perhaps a proposal of some kind, and there will be a long wait to be approved, if you are. It is not immediate help by any means.

Your best bet is to contact area churches, Lutheran Social Services, Catholic Charities, and village/county human services. Finding a social worker connected with one of those would be your best way to do that. He or she can then be your advocate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rescue Remedy [ 10 Answers ]

I have been taking this for a couple of weeks now, I do think its calming me down (had a personal trauma recently), but that could be because it contains Brandy... :) Has anybody used this for any period? Do you think it works? Would you recommend it? Sharon :o

US to the rescue ? [ 16 Answers ]

Maj. Gen. Suleiman Mahmoud, who defected Sunday called on the US to intervene in support of the rebels in Libya.Obama speaks of working with the international community; German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle speaks of working with the international community. What international community are...

Rabbit Rescue. [ 4 Answers ]

A local shelter has made a rescue involving 15 rabbits, it doesn't seem like a lot but our shelter cannot handle this amount of rabbits (They usually only get 1-2 a year) the rabbits will be euthinised in a short period of times if homes are not found. I am thinking of getting 2-3 just to help out,...

View more questions Search