Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jannezack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Locked laptop keyboard
    My dad has a Dell Vostro 1720 Laptop. He has pressed a series of buttons (I'm assuming) that has locked up his keyboard. It's a relatively new computer and I think it is just a matter of finding the right combination of buttons to push. He lives 50 miles from me, so driving to his house to figure it out would be nice, but I can't do that today. Can you tell me what button in addition to the FN buttone need to be pushed to unlock the keyboard. (It was working, he laid some papers on top of the keyboard, hit something, got some type of message that said "do you wish to continue in ???? mode?, he doesn't remember what, and he clicked on "OK" to continue).

I'm sure it's just a combination of buttons to click FN +?? Any ideas? He can't see so well, so to tell him to look for a particular icon may not help.

Thanks in advance!
    Janne
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Haven't found solution, but this may help:
    Documentation

And

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...ebook_Keyboard
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Figured I would do a quick check on Youtube, and found this, it is not your computer but a dell desktop.
    If you press the "Windows" button and the "L", is what should lock it, then it should ask for a code to unlock.
    Unplug any peripherials.
    JILLXYZ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
    FN key bottom left of keyboard and function key at top with picture of keyboard on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP laptop keyboard locked [ 1 Answers ]

Woke up to find that none of the keys on my laptop worked. I solved this by turning off the laptop, unplugging power from both wall and laptop, taking out the battery and then doing everything in reverse - putting battery back in, etc. By some miracle the keyboard worked. The question is: is...

My laptop keyboard is locked [ 1 Answers ]

I own an Asus Eee Pc and the keyboard is locked some how. When I am in a word document and try to type, it sends me a message that say the modification is not allowed because the selection is locked. I have no idea what I did but now I can't fix it. Please help

HP Laptop Keyboard Locked [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my girlfriend has a HP laptop (model number not known) and came back to find her cat sat on it, with the keys unresponsive. The mouse still worked. She restarted the laptop but the keys remained unresponsive (thus unable to enter her password to access the laptop). 1) She's running Vista....

Laptop Keyboard Locked [ 1 Answers ]

My Dell inspirion 1720 laptop keyboard is locked. Anyone know how to unlock it

Laptop keyboard is locked [ 8 Answers ]

How do I unlock the keyboard on dell inspiron 2500?

View more questions Search