Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oakcircle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Toilet leak
    My plumber has set our new toilet 3 times, but it still leaks around the floor. I marked the water level in the bowl, and overnight the level lowered and water was on the floor even though it had not been flushed. Is it a problem with the wax seal or the toilet? Thanks.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 06:02 AM
    You have a defective toilet. Your plumber should have caught that before he left for the third time. If you pull the toilet, is the floor wet under the toilet?

Feb 28, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    you have a defective toilet. your plumber should have caught that before he left for the third time. if you pull the toilet, is the floor wet under the toilet?

Yes, the area under the toilet is wet when he pulls the toilet.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 06:55 PM
    I don't remember who, but one of the plumbing responders spoke of this on another string. A toilet is molded in ceramic and sand is used in that molding. Sometimes the molds are imperfect and when they drain the sand they forget to seal the hole. Simply replace the bowl or the toilet. It is defective.

Feb 28, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    i don't remember who, but one of the plumbing responders spoke of this on another string. a toilet is molded in ceramic and sand is used in that molding. sometimes the molds are imperfect and when they drain the sand they forget to seal the hole. simply replace the bowl or the toilet. it is defective.
    Thanks for your help with this. I will call the plumbing supply store and ask that they replace the bowl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet drain leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leak coming from the drain in a toilet. I have already replaced the wax ring twice to no avial. The water only leaks when a connecting toilet is flushed. The drain pipe connects two bathrooms but the water only leaks from the 2nd toilet when the 1st toilet is flushed. It does not leak...

PVC pipe leak from toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Help.. My wife and I bought our first house 5 months ago. We are not used to living in a home with 2 floors and a basement. So, the toilet on the upper floor started leaking a few drops a minute, so it is not serious yet:). The drops are forming on the elbow joint of the PVC pipe in the...

Toilet leak, musty smell [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replace the supply line to my toilet. I guess I did it wrong and water leaked around the edge of the wall for 2 days. I fixed the leak and mopped up the water. Now we have a bad musty smell. DO I need to tear my sheetrock out and replace the insulation and sheetrock? I don't see any...

Toilet bowl - pinhole leak [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just changed a toilet bowl due to a pinhole leak - the water level drops overnight. I 've learnt my lesson so I installed the second toilet bowl in my garage on a flat surface, slowly added some water and... the water level still drops. Question: Is the toilet bowl S trap suppose to...

Toilet leak at mounting bolts [ 4 Answers ]

I have a mid-80's Crane toilet. I can not get it to stop leaking from the two mounting bolts. I've tried replacing the washers & bolts, cleaning the porcelein with scouring pad, and even using plumbers putty. Nothing works! I've tried tightening and loosening the bolts. I'm at my wits end and...

View more questions Search