Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1sotired1sotire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Hippa violation?
    If my supervisor DIGS out every detail of my medical problems and medication... then tells another co worker who isn't a supervisor... who them tells her best coworker friend... is this a hipaa violation? And my supervisor has told me... "you're a hypochondriac!", "you're a hazard to the company! File for disability!" (after learning of my disability!) This story gets better! Have I been violated? Because I sure feel that way!

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa violation? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an employee at a health care facility. I have had treatment at this facility myself. The manager spoke of my health issues and information from my previous treatment in frontt of other employees and patients. Where do I go from here?

HIPPA Violation [ 2 Answers ]

I am the Lab Manager of a POL. I caught a front office staff member trying to look up lab results for a patient under. I know this is a HIPAA violation, but if I report it will the entire practice get fined? The patient records she was trying to look up were actually for the Dr. who owns the...

Hippa Violation [ 1 Answers ]

I currently work at the same location that I see my doctor at. My doctor referred me to another doctor because I needed surgery and he was not a surgeon. The surgery was a very private matter and only my family knew about it. I just found out from a lady in my church, that one of the nurses from my...

HIPPA violation? [ 4 Answers ]

Before I explain, I'm pretty sure this is a definite HIPPA violation but when I went to my manager he shrugged it off. First of all, I work as an x-ray tech. I and others I work with have witnessed our dark room assistant in our waiting areas discussing with patients why they are there, their...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.