Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donna38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 08:23 AM
    I need help on finding out about a law on possession and the terms
    Well my question has to with my finance ex she was up state in prison for a while and hwer stuff was her and when I moved he asked me to pack it up he didn't care hoe it was packed at all as long as it was out of here well now she is saying stuff is missing and her stuff has been here just about 2yrs her sons came and got a few things but not much .Now she blaming me for some stuff missing but I had help when I was packing her stuff isn't there a law after she leaves her ex has so many days to wait . My question is what am I to do ? She is also trying to say she is going to press chargings on me for what is missing she is not a women to me she can't come forward and ask.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 08:36 AM
    I would do a few things.

1. Send her a registered letter, with the exact information here. Include the date that you took possession of her things, and when she started asking for her things back.

2. Do not let anything else be removed from the house by her sons.

3. Tell her that on a certain date, her and her sons, will have to make arrangements to come and get whatever remains of her possessions. If she fails to show on that date, you will consider her property, after two years, to be abandoned, and you will dispose of it.

4. You might want to consider telling her that she will have to be accompanied by a sherrif. She sounds like trouble to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does law enforcement have to charge someone for possession? [ 3 Answers ]

Does law enforcement have a limited amount time to charge, arrest, and/or fine someone for possession of an illegal substance (spice, potpouri, incense) after confiscation? The local police were assisting with searching for my child who was missing, but later found at her elementary school, and...

Mutual Agreement or specified terms of possession concerning children [ 0 Answers ]

What is the difference between mutual and or specified terms of possession in a divorce decree

Age of consent for Pennsylvania, terms of the law? [ 8 Answers ]

I went to the movies with a friend who will soon be 22. I am 17. By the end of the night, there was heavy touching and kissing, "making out" and "wandering hands" and I want to know if this was illegal. My friend, a different friend, told me that the age of consent is 16, but limits to a four...

Possession by deceased in-law - or just genetic predisposition? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question and would like your opinion: My husband (whom I'll call Bob), to whom I'll be married 22 years in July, is making me crazy. You see, when we first got together, he was the exact opposite of his mother (whom I'll call Terry - and who passed away in 1989 due to complications of...

View more questions Search