Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annieonymous View Post
    i plan on giving them to the local pet store when they are old enough.

Why would you breed them and then either give or sell them to a pet store so they can be snake food? If you're lucky a couple will be pets. Of those couple some people will get bored with them and they'll be mistreated. In my area the zoo buys a LOT of rats for food, not just mice.

I'm sure I'm missing something here.

This reminds me of something I posted on the dog board a while ago. A woman was breeding her dog so her children could experience the miracle of birth. If they follow the puppies and their puppies they'll also experience the miracle of abandonment and death.

Maybe I'm missing something - tell me what it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second Rat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an eight month pet rat. She is incredibly affectionate and we spend a lot of time together. I have read that it is borderline unethical to keep a solitary rat. I have been considering getting her a rat friend. I am just concerned that it is too late and she wouldn't adjust to the...

Rat keeps peeing [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted my Rat 4months ago, from a pet shop. He was brought back in from previous owners for some reason, they couldn't tell me. Got him at 6months old, and he settled in really well. Him and my 3 yr old get on so good. We moved house recently, and when I get him out he pees everywere. Every 2...

Why does my rat keep peeing on me? [ 9 Answers ]

almost a week ago, me and my mum bought two male rats. we did our research beforehand, and we knew what we were taking on. yesterday i got MY rat out for a cuddle, but he is a little skittish. he immediately ran up my top, and stayed there for an hour. However, when I tried to pick him up and...

Co-worker a rat? [ 29 Answers ]

For his own sake, I won't say his name, but he is a retired corrections officer, now working as a security officer with me. No, I'm not his boss, I'm just someone who works with him, he and I are more or less at the same level in terms of "authority" on the job. Any way, one day, I went on the...

View more questions Search