Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chrissy1888 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 06:40 AM
    Girfriend doesn't want sex.
    I have been seeing my girlfriend for just under 2 years, I am 19 and she is 21. At the start of our relationship we had a lot of oral sex (About 5 times a week) we had a lot of sexual flirting texts. She played with herself most mornings as did I but after about a half a year she lost her sex drive. Although we did everything but have sex we now did nothing. I love her and she loves me, that's the reason 2 years down the line I'm still with her, I believe we will last forever but don't understand why all of a sudden she loses any interest in sex.

Any ideas guys?

Jun 18, 2012, 06:50 AM
    She imagines our future and has said she can't help not wanting sex, she wish should could help it, can a girl
    Possibly not want sex at all?

She doesn't even want to give me handjob, and any time I bring the subject up she gets annoyed.

Jun 18, 2012, 07:01 AM
    How can you assume she doesn't want sex with me, she doesn't fantasise over anyone else, and she has said she loves me.

Jun 18, 2012, 07:09 AM
    But why has she totally lost her limbido does she not find me sexually attractive, it seems that she does not want sex with anyone
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 18, 2012, 10:03 AM
    There can be several reasons for anyone to lose interest in sex. It can be medical, stress, pressure (from others or self), exhaustion, etc.

Has she had a check up to determine if she has any medical conditions? Is she on any medications or hormonal birth control? Loss of libido can be a common side-effect of medications and/or their interactions with other drugs or even foods/drinks.

Stress from work, school, family, friends, etc. is another major libido limiter.

Feeling pressured to have sex or do sexual acts can cause a person to shut down. Sometimes couples will get into a rut and stop doing the things that keep a relationship healthy. Do you both show affection or share intimacy that isn't expected to lead to sexual acts? Do you date and have fun with no expectations? Do you spend time apart with friends or interests (other than work or school) so that you aren't relying on just each other for support and entertainment?

In many cases issues in the bedroom are symptoms of problems in other areas of the relationship or even outside the relationship. How well are you communicating with each other? How is the 'big picture'?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girfriend and her ex husband [ 3 Answers ]

I let my girlfriend move in a year ago. I knew before she moved in that she cheated on her last 2 boyfriends with her ex husband. She told me when we were still friends. She does talk about him quite a bit. They have 3 kids together but they are grown now.They were married for 20 years. And have...

Girfriend with a future.. [ 2 Answers ]

Imet this girl in a party in January 2010, we spoke very briefly. I added her on FB and asked her out in Feb and again in July... to which she did not reply to the actual date question. Anyway, she contacted me in September and we went out on a date. I'm Persian and have been in the UK for 34...

Should my girfriend and I move in together [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so here the break down. I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 21 we have been dating for 8 months , but have known each for five years. She is ready to move out of her parents house because she wants some independence and does not depend on them financially. I already live by myself we want to move in...

How to get an x-girfriend out of home [ 1 Answers ]

I have a home in Texas which I shared with a girlfriend. My job at this time is out of state and has been for 5 years. I have not even seen her for over two years. The problem is I want her out of my home so I can give it to my daughter but she will not move out. What do I have to do to get her...

Girfriend wants a break for a while. [ 24 Answers ]

I've been going out with this girl for about 6/7 weeks now and she has told me she wants a break for a week or so. She said she feels claustrophobic and needs some space as she hasn't been single for about 2 years as she had an 11 month relationship and then her other boyfriends came along with...

View more questions Search