Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beingscrewed Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 11:51 PM
    ID an animal bone, tooth or claw
    I was walking in the woods on a logging road today and found this thing. Its about an inch long, about as big around as my mouse cord, slightly curved, bone colored, hollow at one end but more closed at the other end. I can't tell if it's a bone a claw or a tooth of something. Can anyone tell me what it could be? Or maybe know of a website where I could find out? Thanks!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2007, 03:05 AM
    It's tough with just a description, as we don't know how much of it is missing. Can you upload a pic of it?

Feb 28, 2007, 11:13 PM
    I have a $10. Camera, so this is the best I could do for pictures. :(
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 04:40 AM
    I'd say almost certainly bone rather than tooth (since they're hollow)... but I can't begin to guess which bone.

You might go back to where you found it and look around that area some more. You may very well find more bones around there from whatever creature that was - with enough of it to tell what the animal was - and maybe even luck out an find it's part with more bones like that still intact.

Mar 22, 2007, 09:25 PM
    I went back to the same spot, and found another one. It wasn't right by where I found the first one, it was about 50 ft away down the road. This really makes me wish I had a better camera:(. The first one was smaller, the second one is like an exact opposite,and a tiny bit bigger.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 12:47 AM
    They look like some kind of claw to me, although I don't know what from.
    BADGER1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2012, 07:45 PM
    It's a tooth from a small rodent might be a muskrat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dew Claw Removal [ 7 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone had any good pictoral articles on exactly how to remove the dew claws on new born puppies. I've found a few but they only show before and after not exactly where and how to cut. Any help is appreciated.

Bone dry [ 3 Answers ]

Tonight my boyfriend and I were having sex (he got me off before we did it so I would be lubed enough) and everything was going fine until I started to feel a burning/friction sensation. I then realized I was bone dry. I have no idea why this happened. I don't see how it could all just go away....

Claw foot tub plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a standard tub in my bathroom and regular behind the walls plumbing what willl need to be done to change it to plumbing for a CFT? And what might it cost? What is the standard procedure for switching this plumbing around? Any help at all is greatly appreciated:confused:

Bone Loss [ 1 Answers ]

I Have Between 70 & 90% Bone Loss. I Was Told That Anything Over 50% Can't Be Saved, Resulting In The Removal Of All Teeth. Is This True?

Overpayment claw back problem [ 1 Answers ]

My employer offered an employee purchase plan (toward a laptop) - I paid for the computer monthly, they reimbursed me the same amount. I am paid by automatic deposit and never look at my pay stub. Now it turns out that they continued to make the payment for about three years past when they should...

View more questions Search