Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JuliaIam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Irregular heart beats? 15 yr old
    Hi, I'm a 15 year old girl who is very active and is a runner and hiker etc. I have been noticing for a couple of years now that I get this feeling in my heart area that feels like I'm short of breath and like my beats have an awkward slower pace or a fluttery like beat. And this usually only last at the mOst I'de say 20 or 30 seconds, usually like 10 or 15. And its happening more often.But the funny thing is its never after activity it's just when I'm sitting or laying in bed and stuff like that. Sometimes but not all the time it's when I'm upset. Im not sure if this is a big deal, hope you guys can give me some advice
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 01:18 PM
    Since things like this could be from life threatening issues, not sure ( except perhaps because you are a child and don't think serious) that you have not been to a doctor long ago.

Only one heart, get to a doctor. While it may be nothing, it could be very serious.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Since things like this could be from life threatening issues, not sure ( except perhaps because you are a child and don't think serious) that you have not been to a doctor long ago.

Only one heart, get to a doctor. while it may be nothing, it could be very serious.
    Yes I totally agree here. My son being an athlete had this problem, and he and I caught this condition right away. He has a defibrilator installed permanently, and is just as active as he ever was, now 30, was18 at the time.

Get to your doctor immediately. You are a very smart young person recognizing a difference in your physical condition.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Yes I totally agree here. My son being an athlete had this problem, and he and I caught this condition right away. He has a defibrilator installed permanently, and is just as active as he ever was, now 30, was18 at the time.

Get to your doctor immediately. You are a very smart young person recognizing a difference in your physical condition.
    Not saying it may be the same situation, but any anomaly is certainly worth looking into!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song title/artist for "my heart beats just like a drum" [ 3 Answers ]

I don't the name or artist of this song but it is a dance track that would probably be played in clubs that goes something like" and my heart beats just like a drum..." . Can anyone help?

Heart Beats [ 1 Answers ]

On average, how many times does the heart beat in a life time?

My heart beats really weird! [ 6 Answers ]

For about a little over a month now my heart has been feeling like its going to pound right out of my chest. It hurts a little too. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to take notice and too make me uncomfortable. Actually a few days ago I passed out in the grocery store with my mom! I was...

Irregular heart beat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm not sure if I put this is the right place :confused: oh well but laterly I keep getting the most weirdest feeling in my heart, like it feels like it will skip a beat then try to make up for that mist beat and beat really fast and hard, it feels like its trying to escape from my body! Also...

Beats a burning [ 1 Answers ]

Who Sings This Lyric/song A Beats A Burning? Or Beasta Burning?

View more questions Search