Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    44loo Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jun 17, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Will I get another loan?
    I applied for a loan and got approved with no problems. The loan amount went into my bank and everything but after talking with a friend they pointed out I would have been better getting a bigger loan to pay off my car. I thought this would be a great idea so I phoned the credit provider to inquire. The told me I would have to cancel the existing loan and reapply for a new loan. They also said there would be no guarantee I would have the new loan approved. My credit rating is really good and I have never been turned down for anything before but it concerns me having two credit checks done in such a short space of time. I don't want to give the loan back if I can't get the new loan. Help please
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Is the loan on your car a lower interest rate then the loan you just got approved for?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
    So pay off the first loan and then ask for the new loan.

Seldom do we borrow our self back to good money judgement,
    44loo Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jun 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
    The car loan is a higher interest rate to the loan but what I'm wanting to do is consolidate with a second larger loan. My question is do you guys think I will get approved for the second loan. I have never been refused credit just a bit nervous because I heard having numerous credit checks done in a short time can effect your application

QUOTE by Fr_Chuck;
    So pay off the first loan and then ask for the new loan.

Seldom do we borrow our self back to good money judgement,
    That's what I'm thinking but a bit worried it won't get approved

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is a wells fargo education loan a real school loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I am filing bankruptcy due to hard finical times. When I was in school my grandparents co signed on a wells fargo educational loan for me. I don't want it to effect their credit. All school loans are not allowed in a bankruptcy. Is this one a "real" school loan I want to countinue making the...

Parents names are on a home loan, is there anyway to add a child onto the loan? [ 1 Answers ]

Situation-Child wanted to buy a home, couldn't qualify, Parents put loan in their names--child is living in the home with their family 100% of the time making all payments; parents have other primary residence. Current Events-one parent has died, value of the home is now 1/2 what is owed on the...

Auto loan converted to personal loan with same monthly installments (72 mo.) [ 1 Answers ]

Topic: None Chosen Your Question: "I have a auto loan converted to a signature loan due to the bank not receiving the car title, so they converted it to a persoanl loan. Once the bank did that my auto loan (secured loan) just became a personal loan (unsecured loan) but yet the months of...

View more questions Search