Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garygmg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2012, 07:48 AM
    Yearly lease in pa.
    I would like to know the proper way to notify the tenants I will not be renewing their lease. Also do you have to give a reason why or can you not renew a lease for no reason?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2012, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by garygmg View Post
    I would like to know the proper way to notify the tenants I will not be renewing their lease. Also do you have to give a reason why or can you not renew a lease for no reason?

Pennsylvania - 250.101 through 250.603 of the state code -

A landlord can automatically end a lease at the end of its scheduled period without needing to show that the tenant has breached the lease; in fact, the landlord doesn't need to give a reason for ending a lease at the end of the term. The only requirement is that the landlord give at least 30 days' notice if the lease period is less than a year and 90 days' notice if the lease period is a year or more. This notice period requirement can be overridden by the written terms of the lease agreement. If a landlord wants to end a lease early without the tenant's agreement, he can do so only if the tenant is behind with the rent or has breached a clause in the lease agreement.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 16, 2012, 08:17 AM
    So when does the lease end? Does it have an automatic renewal clause? Why did you sign a lease without knowing its terms or the prevailing law?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to inform tenant in Florida that we are not renewing yearly lease. [ 2 Answers ]

I need to inform my tenant that I will not be renewing a yearly- lease due to expire on May 31, 2010. I am giving them two months before the lease expires but I would like to offer them a few options. 1. They have first rights to make an offer on the home. 2. They can remain in home month-to...

Rented house on 2nd yearly lease just listed for sale? What ? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my family have been renting our house almost now for 2 years this September. We have a yearly lease. Today we received a phone call from a realator asking if they could show the house to clients. Shocked, I proceeded to ask questions. I was told that the house was just put on the market...

Breaking a yearly lease [ 5 Answers ]

We rent a house in Los Angeles and signed a year lease with the management company. When the first year was over they offered us a month to month but we asked for another year which they agreed to. Currently we have a signed yearly lease that ends in August. We recently received a letter from them...

View more questions Search